On Friday, March 4, Hampton Park Christian School will host the South Carolina Association of Christian Schools (SCACS) Elementary Fine Arts Festival. During the Festival, students from participating schools come to HPCS to compete in various fine arts and academic events.
The 2016 Festival Info with a running schedule and a group list was sent home in student folders on Tuesday, February 23.
- There is no school or child care during the festival. All children (including participants) must be in the care of an adult for the entire day.
- Parents, grandparents, and other family members/friends are welcome to come watch competitions and support our students.
- The Festival Showcase and Awards is at 2:45 p.m.
- Some individuals and groups may be asked to perform in the showcase, and those participants will be listed on the Main Building doors by 2:30 p.m.
- Students are encouraged to attend the Festival Showcase and Awards, but they are permitted to leave once their events are finished.
- Lunch tickets may be purchased in the school office from Monday, February 29 – Wednesday, March 2. Tickets are $3.50 and includes pizza, two side items, and a beverage.
- Concessions will be available in the lunchroom throughout the festival.
Navigating the Day
- The following items are included in this packet to assist you as you plan:
- Running schedule – lists all HPCS events, sorted in chronological order
- Group list – a list of HPCS students in group events
- Plan to arrive 20 minutes before your child’s first scheduled performance. Coats and other personal items may be left in M202/204.
- Warm up rooms are indicated on the running schedule. Individual performers will need to sign up for their own warm up time. Group warm up times are assigned as indicated on the schedule.
- Judging Folders
- Teachers will pick up judging folders for all music groups.
- Individual performers should pick up their judging folders from the following locations:
- Piano, Vocal, and Speech contestants: Main Building – Lower Level Entrance
- Instrumental – Collins Auditorium
- Artwork will be on display in the library. Students must pick up their own artwork after 2:00 p.m.
Festival Dress Requirements
- Girls: Dark skirt (navy blue or black, no denim), white top, dark shoes. No pants or tennis shoes.
- Boys: Dark pants (navy blue or black, no denim), white dress shirt, dark shoes and dark socks. No tennis shoes.
Individual performers should follow these guidelines unless told otherwise by their private teacher.