The South Carolina Band Directors Association (SCBDA) is a division of the South Carolina Music Educators Association (SCMEA). SCMEA is the state unit the National Association for Music Education (NAfME).
The SCBDA is part of the SCMEA which is the South Carolina piece of NAfME.
Who Can Participate?
Any (active) band director in the state of South Carolina can join the SCBDA by joining NAfME. The SCBDA hosts various competitions and festivals.
Students whose directors are a part of SCBDA could participate in
- Marching Band Championships (A-AAAAA)
- All State Band (and Region Band)
- All State Jazz Band
- Jazz Ensemble Performance Assessment
- Concert Perfomance Assessment
- Winter Ensemble Championships
- Solo & Ensemble Performance Assessment
What is Region Band?
Each year the SCBDA sponsors the Region and All-State Band Clinics made up of three bands, the membership of which is selected from grades 6-12.
Students are auditioned from public and private schools in their region.
Then the top students from each region on each level are called back to all state auditions.
What grades are Clinic, Junior, and Senior?
- Senior Region and Senior All-State Band (grades 11-12)
- Clinic Region and Clinic All-State Band (grades 9-10)
- Junior Region and Junior All-State Band (grades 6-8)
Hampton Park Christian School is a private school located in Greenville County, South Carolina. We participate in the Region 1 Band.
Region 1 Counties
High Schools in Region 1 *
- Berea High School, Greenville
- Blue Ridge High School, Greer
- Bob Jones Academy, Greenville
- Carolina High & Academy, Greenville
- Eastside High School, Taylors
- Greenville High School, Greenville
- Greer High School, Greer
- Hampton Park Christian School, Greenville
- Hillcrest High School, Simpsonville
- J. L. Mann High School, Greenville
- Mauldin High School, Mauldin
- Riverside High School, Greer
- Southside High School, Greenville
- Tabernacle Christian School, Greenville
- Travelers Rest High School, Travelers Rest
- Wade Hampton High School, Greenville
- Woodmont High School, Piedmont
- Seneca Senior High School, Seneca
- Tamassee-Salem High School, Salem
- Walhalla Senior High School, Walhalla
- West-Oak Senior High School, Westminster
- D. W. Daniel High School, Central
- Easley High School, Easley
- Liberty High School, Liberty
- Pickens High School, Pickens
- Boiling Springs High School, Boiling Springs
- Broome High School, Spartanburg
- James F. Byrnes High School, Duncan
- Chapman High School, Inman
- Chesnee High School, Chesnee
- Paul M. Dorman High School, Roebuck
- Landrum High School, Landrum
- Spartanburg High School, Spartanburg
- Woodruff High School, Woodruff
* Primarily public schools listed (source)
How do I audition?
The audition has 3 main prepared parts (wind instruments)
For more information go to All State Audition Requirements