SCACS State Fine Arts Festival
On March 17 and 18, 2016, Upper School students from Hampton Park participated in the South Carolina Association of Christian Schools (SCACS) Fine Arts Festival in West Columbia. Students competed in vocal and instrumental music, speech, piano and art. Academic testing, a component of this contest, was completed at each participating school in January and awards were given during the SCACS Festival.
We are thrilled with how well our students performed at this event. Take a look at these statistics (click image to enlarge):
150 students competed in 103 categories and placed in 61 of those categories. Many of our students received an “Excellent” or “Superior” rating, even in the events where they did not place. First place winners in level IV (grades 9-12) are automatically qualified to participate in the national competition in April.
AACS National Fine Arts Festival
We are proud to announce that 19 students in grades 9-12 took first place in the SCACS Festival in either their individual or group categories and will represent Hampton Park at the American Association of Christian Schools (AACS) National Fine Arts Festival at Bob Jones University on April 14-16, 2016. The students will compete in the following categories:
- Group Events
- Readers’ Theatre (Teddy M., Renai P., Emma S., Matthew P., Nathan G.)
- Large Vocal Ensemble (Caroline C., Emma S., Claire M., Katelyn M., Katelyn M., Hannah I., Kevin H., Eric L., Lane C., Matthew P., Nathan G., Isaac K.)
- Acting (Teddy M., Matthew P.)
- Sacred Piano Duet (Cort S., Miles L.)
- Classical Piano Duet (Andrew C., Austin V.)
- Individual Events
- Brass Solo (Nathan G.)
- Music Theory Testing (Nathan G.)
- Still Life and Macro Photography (Nathan G.)
- World History/Geography Testing (Isaac K.)
- Digital Media (Don F.)
- Classical Piano Solo (Cort S.)
- Home Economics Testing (Hannah I.)
- Oral Interpretation of Poetry (Renai P.)
The awards ceremony for the AACS National Fine Arts Festival will be held at 7:00 p.m. on April 14, 2016, at Bob Jones University.