As you may have already heard, Pastor David Yearick went to be with the Lord yesterday morning after a long battle with cancer. Pastor Yearick was the founder of Hampton Park Christian School, and we will miss him dearly.
Fall Book Fair
Come by the Library for the Hampton Park Fall Book Fair! The Library will be open Tuesday, October 25 – Friday, October 28, from 8:30 – 4:00, and for 30 minutes before and after the Parent/Teacher Fellowship. We are partnering with Life Way Christian Bookstore and Usborne books and will have a wide range of books to interest both Upper and Lower School students and their parents. Remember that books make wonderful birthday and Christmas gifts for students and teachers! Special arrangements can be made to keep the book order a surprise.
Bible Sword Drill Run-off
Bible Sword Drill Run-off will be held in the Collins Auditorium this Friday, October 28, at 1:30 p.m. Parents are welcome to attend.
Election Day – November 8
There will be no school or child care on Election Day, Tuesday, November 8.
Thanksgiving/Christmas Project – Operation Christmas Child
Lower School students are collecting items for Operation Christmas Child this year. What can you do?
- Visit our website to see the suggested items to fill the shoeboxes.
- Send in all items by November 9.
- Donate cash to help pay for shipping and supplies (checks should be made out to HPCS).
- Pray that our boxes will be a blessing and that the Gospel will go forth!
Veterans Day Program
Join us on Friday, November 11, as we honor those who serve our country. Our annual Veterans Day Program begins at 10:20 a.m. in the Main Auditorium.
Parent/Teacher Fellowship – October 27, at 7 – 8 p.m. in the Miller Activities Center
- Parents of K4-12th grade students are encouraged to attend!
- The Lower School band will give a short band concert.
- Advanced Therapy Solutions will have an occupational therapist available for parents to discuss occupational therapy concerns which could include cognitive processing and attention, sensory processing and integration, visual/perceptual skills, gross motor coordination, handwriting and other fine motor development. Advanced Therapy Solutions offers free screenings for HP students and can provide occupational therapy services at HP.
- Dr. Priest will speak on “State of the School.”
- Child care for K4-6th graders will be provided by the Senior Class and they will accept tips to help raise funds for their senior trip. Please rsvp to firstname.lastname@example.org if you plan to bring children for child care.
- The Library will be open 30 minutes before and after the PTF for the Book Fair.
Panthers in Action
SCACS Tournament – Support for the Panthers!
Upward Star Center, 9768 Warren H. Abernathy Hwy, Spartanburg, SC 29301
Friday, October 28
- Varsity Volleyball 12:00, 3:15, and 7:00
- Varsity Soccer 4:00
Saturday, October 29
- Varsity Volleyball 10:30 or 11:30 for the quarterfinals
- Varsity Volleyball 1:30 for the semifinals
- Varsity Soccer 1:00 or 2:45Admission to either soccer or volleyball for the entire day: Adults $6/Students $4
- Children 5 and under are FREE.
- Admission to both soccer and volleyball tournament for the entire day: Adults $10/Students $6
Try-outs/practices begin the week of October 31. Practice times for October 31 are as follows:
- MS girls 3:15 – 5:00
- MS boys 3:30 – 5:15
- Varsity girls 5:00 – 7:00
- JV/Varsity boys 5:15 – 7:30
Students must have a current physical on file in order to try-out. Physical forms are on RenWeb and in the office.
Ingles Tools for Schools
The Ingles Tools for Schools card must be linked to Hampton Park every year in order for the portion of sales to be designated for Hampton Park. If you have not yet done this, you may link your card online here or by turning in the Ingles form to the office.
Lost and Found
Our Lost and Found is overflowing after last week’s Carnival. Please stop by the Miller Activities Center and look in the room next to the fireplace. You may find something you did not even realize was missing!
|Wednesday, 10/26||Thursday, 10/27||Friday, 10/28||Monday, 10/31||Tuesday, 11/1|
|Beef stroganoff, green beans, salad, roll||Sausage or cheese pizza, salad or yogurt||Lasagna, salad, garlic bread||Southwest chicken wrap, chips & salsa, fruit, dessert||Chili bar, cornbread, corn chips, dessert|
|October 25-28||Fall Book Fair|
|October 27||PTF/Band Concert – K4-12th Parents (7 p.m. – MAC)|
|October 28||Sword Drill Run-off (Grades 4-6)|
|October 28-29||SCACS Soccer/Volleyball Tournament|
|October 31-November 3||Bob Jones Festival|
|November 7-10||Lower School Soccer Camp|
|November 8||Election Day – No School or Child Care|
|November 11||Veteran’s Day Program (10:20 a.m. Main Auditorium)|
|November 15||Lower School Speech Run-off|
|November 17||Upper School Spelling Bee Test|
|November 18||Thanksgiving Program (10 a.m. Main Auditorium) and Lunch|
|November 18||Geography Bee (Grades 4-8; 2:25 p.m. Main Auditorium)|
|November 21||Mid-Quarter Reports (Grades 4-12)|
|November 22||Lower School Spelling Bees|
|November 23-25||Thanksgiving Break|
|December 1||Voice Run-off (Grades 4-6)|
|December 1-3||Drama Production|
|December 6||Upper School Speech Run-off|
|December 8||Upper School Christmas Program (7 p.m. Main Auditorium)|
|December 13||Lower School Christmas Program (Grades 3-6; 7 p.m. Main Auditorium)|
|December 14-16||Upper School Exams|
|December 14-15||Early Dismissal – 11:30 a.m.|
|December 15||Lower School Christmas Program (Grades K4-2; 7 p.m. Main Auditorium)|
|December 16||Early Dismissal – 11 a.m.|