The Thanksgiving break begins Wednesday, November 23. Classes resume on Monday, November 28. We are thankful for you, our school families! Have a happy and safe holiday!
A Christmas Carol
It’s not too late to get your tickets for the Panther Players performance of A Christmas Carol. Tickets are sold in the Main Building (M Building) by the offices between 8:00-8:30 a.m. and 3:15-3:45 p.m. But don’t delay – tickets are almost gone!
SCACS Fine Arts and Academic Testing Registration Deadline – Friday, December 2
On-line registration is underway for all music and academic testing categories for the South Carolina Association of Christian Schools (SCACS) Fine Arts competition.
- Music – All categories for grades 1-12 should register on-line.
- Academic Testing – Students in grades 3-6 will be selected by teachers based on academics. Students in grades 7-12 should register on-line.
- Art – Students taking art have received information. Students who do not take art are welcome to participate. Art information can be located on RenWeb under Resource Documents or students may contact Mrs. Panosian or Mrs. Dye.
- Registration Deadline – Friday, December 2.
Hampton Park has older technological equipment that needs to be purged from our storage areas and will be made available to our school families. Please plan to visit our “Technology Giveaway” in M-118 (Library Reference Room) on Thursday and Friday, December 1 and 2 from 3:00-5:00 p.m. All items are free, but donations are appreciated (all proceeds will be directed to the Proclamation Project Fund).
Our Christmas Programs will be held on December 8 (Upper School), December 13 (Lower School Grades 3-6), and December 15 (Lower School Grades K4-2). Programs begin at 7:00 p.m. in the Main Auditorium.
- Lower School Dress Guidelines
- Girls should wear Christmas dresses or outfits (skirts/tops) with dress shoes (No tennis shoes).
- Boys should wear dark pants, long-sleeved dress shirts or sweaters, and dress shoes (No tennis shoes).
- Upper School Dress Guidelines
- 7th-8th Grade Girls: Dark (preferably black) long maxi skirts with any top/sweater, dark tights/hose, and dress shoes.
- 7th-8th Grade Boys: Black pants (with black belt), tie, black socks and shoes, white long-sleeved dress shirt.
- 9th-12th Grade Girls: Choir dress with black tights/hose, and black shoes. Long black skirts and black tops may be worn ONLY if you do not yet own the choir dress.
- 9th-12th Grade Boys: Black pants (with black belt), black bow tie, black vest, black socks and shoes, and white long-sleeved dress shirt or tux shirt.
Panthers in Action
Upcoming Basketball Games
Tuesday, November 22
- MS Girls vs. Shannon Forest 4:00
- MS Boys vs. Shannon Forest 5:00
Tuesday, November 29
- MS Girls @ Oakwood 4:00
- MS Boys @ Oakwood 5:00
- V Girls @ Oakwood 6:15
- JV Boys vs. Walnut Grove 4:30
- V Boys vs. Walnut Grove 5:30
Panther Passes are FREE and available in the office. Use your Panther Pass for access to all regular-season home games.
Support Our School – Amazon
Don’t forget to use the link on the Hampton Park website for your Amazon shopping this Christmas!
|Wednesday, 11/23||Thursday, 11/24||Friday, 11/25||Monday, 11/28||Tuesday, 11/29|
|NO SCHOOL||HAPPY THANKSGIVING!||NO SCHOOL||Chicken or turkey and rice, beans, salad, roll||Hamburger bar, French fries, fruit, dessert|
|November 22||Lower School Spelling Bees|
|November 23-25||Thanksgiving Break|
|December 1||Voice Run-off (Grades 4-6)|
|December 1||Drama Production (7 p.m. Collins Auditorium)|
|December 2||Drama Production (7 p.m. Collins Auditorium)|
|December 2||Fine Arts On-line Registration Deadline|
|December 3||Drama Production (2 p.m. Collins Auditorium)|
|December 6||Upper School Speech Run-off|
|December 8||Upper School Christmas Program (7 p.m. Main Auditorium)|
|December 13||Lower School Christmas Program (Grades 3-6; 7 p.m. Main Auditorium)|
|December 14-16||Upper School Exams|
|December 14-15||Early Dismissal – 11:30 a.m.|
|December 15||Lower School Christmas Program (Grades K4-2; 7 p.m. Main Auditorium)|
|December 16||Early Dismissal – 11 a.m. (No child care)|
|January 3||School Resumes|
|January 6||Geography Bee|
|January 9||End of 2nd Grading Period|
|January 10||Second Semester Begins|
|January 11-13||Art Contests|
|January 12||Instrumental Solos and Ensembles Run-offs|
|January 13||Report Cards|
|January 16||Martin Luther King, Jr. Day – No School or Child Care|
|January 20||Piano Solo and Ensemble Run-offs|
|January 23-27||Spirit Week|
|August 10||First Day of School – 2017-2018 School Year|