A Christmas Carol
If you are still hoping to secure a ticket to the Panther Players performance of A Christmas Carol, stop by the Main Building (M Building) either before or after school. The drama department will be selling tickets by the offices from 8:00-8:30 a.m. and 3:15-3:45 p.m. Any seats available after Wednesday will be sold five minutes prior to the performance on a first-come first-serve basis.
Festival of Trees
HPCS is decorating a Christmas tree at the Hyatt! The St. Francis Festival of Trees will be held at the Downtown Hyatt from December 1 through December 28, and will be showcasing Christmas trees from area businesses. Mrs. Panosian and her art classes have worked hard to design and decorate the HP tree, so we invite families to visit the Festival and locate the HP tree on the second floor!
SCACS Fine Arts and Academic Testing Registration Deadline – Friday, December 2
The deadline for registering for Fine Arts or Academic Testing is Friday, December 2. Click the link to register for the following:
- Music – All categories for grades 1-12 should register on-line.
- Academic Testing – Students in grades 3-6 will be selected by teachers based on academics. Students in grades 7-12 should register on-line.
- Art – Students taking art have received information. Students who do not take art are welcome to participate. Art information can be located on RenWeb under Resource Documents or students may contact Mrs. Panosian or Mrs. Dye.
- Registration Deadline – Friday, December 2.
Hampton Park has older technological equipment that will be made available to our school families. Please plan to visit our “Technology Giveaway” in M-118 (Library Reference Room) on Thursday and Friday, December 1 and 2, from 3:00-5:00 p.m. All items are free, but donations are appreciated (all proceeds will be directed to the Proclamation Project Fund).
Our Christmas Programs will be held on December 8 (Upper School), December 13 (Lower School Grades 3-6), and December 15 (Lower School Grades K4-2). Programs begin at 7:00 p.m. in the Main Auditorium.
- Lower School Dress Guidelines
- Girls should wear Christmas dresses or outfits (skirts/tops) with dress shoes (No tennis shoes).
- Boys should wear dark pants, long-sleeved dress shirts or sweaters, and dress shoes (No tennis shoes).
- Upper School Dress Guidelines
- 7th-8th Grade Girls: Dark (preferably black) long maxi skirts with any top/sweater, dark tights/hose, and dress shoes.
- 7th-8th Grade Boys: Black pants (with black belt), tie, black socks and shoes, white long-sleeved dress shirt.
- 9th-12th Grade Girls: Choir dress with black tights/hose, and black shoes. Long black skirts and black tops may be worn ONLY if you do not yet own the choir dress.
- 9th-12th Grade Boys: Black pants (with black belt), black bow tie, black vest, black socks and shoes, and white long-sleeved dress shirt or tux shirt.
Panthers in Action
Upcoming Basketball Games
Tuesday, November 29
- MS Girls @ Oakwood 4:00
- MS Boys @ Oakwood 5:00
- V Girls @ Oakwood 6:15
- JV Boys vs. Walnut Grove 4:30
- V Boys vs. Walnut Grove 5:30
Monday, December 5
- MS Girls @ Christ Church 4:00
- MS Boys @ Christ Church 5:00
Tuesday, December 6
- MS Girls vs. Prince of Peace 4:00
- MS Boys vs. Prince of Peace 5:00
- V Girls @ Carolina Day 5:00
- V Boys @ Carolina Day 6:30
Panther Passes are FREE and available in the office. HP Parents and grandparents can use the Panther Pass for access to all regular-season home games.
Lowes Food Card
Hampton Park is now enrolled in the Lowes Food program for schools. You must first have a Lowes Food Card. To register that card, go to www.lowesfoods.com and select “Rewards” and then “Back2Schools.” Under the “Cart to Class” tab, click on the “link your school to your card” and enroll. From here, you will enter your card information and choose HP form a pull down menu. Thanks for your participation in these programs that can benefit our school!
Spelling Bee Winners
Congratulations to the following students!
- Level I (Grades 2-3)
- 1st place – Shannah Lin
- 2nd place – Aaron Priest
- Alternate – Andrew Scelsi
- Level II (Grades 4-6)
- 1st place – Sandra Cash
- 2nd place – Hailee Driskill
- Alternate – Alex Cochrane
Moms in Prayer
Due to rehearsal for the upcoming Christmas programs, Moms in Prayer will be meeting in the Parlor. If you have not had a chance to join the Moms in Prayer, please consider attending. The ladies meet every Tuesday from 8:30-10:00 a.m. and 1:00-2:30 p.m.
|Wednesday, 11/30||Thursday, 12/1||Friday, 12/2||Monday, 12/5||Tuesday, 12/6|
|Meatball subs, potato chips, salad||Bacon or cheese pizza, salad or yogurt||Sloppy joes, baked beans, potato chips, chocolate chip cookie||Chicken sandwich, French fries, salad, fruit||Creamy turkey or chicken bowtie noodle soup, salad, dessert|
|December 1||Voice Run-off (Grades 4-6)|
|December 1||Drama Production (7 p.m. Collins Auditorium)|
|December 2||Drama Production (7 p.m. Collins Auditorium)|
|December 2||Fine Arts On-line Registration Deadline|
|December 3||Drama Production (2 p.m. Collins Auditorium)|
|December 6||Upper School Speech Run-off|
|December 8||Upper School Christmas Program (7 p.m. Main Auditorium)|
|December 13||Lower School Christmas Program (Grades 3-6; 7 p.m. Main Auditorium)|
|December 14-16||Upper School Exams|
|December 14-15||Early Dismissal – 11:30 a.m.|
|December 15||Lower School Christmas Program (Grades K4-2; 7 p.m. Main Auditorium)|
|December 16||Lower School Carol Sing (9 a.m. Main Auditorium)|
|December 16||Early Dismissal – 11 a.m. (No child care)|
|January 3||School Resumes|
|January 6||Geography Bee|
|January 9||End of 2nd Grading Period|
|January 10||Second Semester Begins|
|January 11-13||Art Contests|
|January 12||Instrumental Solos and Ensembles Run-offs|
|January 13||Report Cards|
|January 16||Martin Luther King, Jr. Day – No School or Child Care|
|January 20||Lower School Piano Solo and Ensemble Run-offs|
|January 23-27||Spirit Week|
|January 26||Upper School Piano Solo and Ensemble Run-offs|
|January 26||Upper School Voice Solo Run-offs|
|August 10||First Day of School – 2017-2018 School Year|