Our Christmas Programs will be held on December 8 (Upper School), December 13 (Lower School Grades 3-6), and December 15 (Lower School Grades K4-2). Programs begin at 7:00 p.m. in the Main Auditorium.
- Lower School Dress Guidelines
- Girls should wear Christmas dresses or outfits (skirts/tops) with dress shoes (No tennis shoes).
- Boys should wear dark pants, long-sleeved dress shirts or sweaters, and dress shoes (No tennis shoes).
- Upper School Dress Guidelines
- 7th-8th Grade Girls: Dark (preferably black) long maxi skirts with any top/sweater, dark tights/hose, and dress shoes.
- 7th-8th Grade Boys: Black pants (with black belt), tie, black socks and shoes, white long-sleeved dress shirt.
- 9th-12th Grade Girls: Choir dress with black tights/hose, and black shoes. Long black skirts and black tops may be worn ONLY if you do not yet own the choir dress.
- 9th-12th Grade Boys: Black pants (with black belt), black bow tie, black vest, black socks and shoes, and white long-sleeved dress shirt or tux shirt.
Festival of Trees
Go by the Downtown Hyatt anytime between December 1-28 to visit the St. Francis Festival of Trees. Mrs. Panosian’s art classes have worked hard to design and decorate the HP tree that can be located on the second floor of the Hyatt.
Lands End Free School Logos Sale!
Throughout the month of December, Lands End is having a “free logo” sale! Click on this link to begin shopping. At checkout, enter the Promotion Code LOGO and Pin 3275.
Lost and Found
Is your child missing a lunchbox or sweatshirt? Please go by the MAC (A Building) and check Lost and Found for any items you may be missing. Lost and Found items will be donated on Tuesday, December 13.
Outreach Photos for Yearbook
The yearbook staff is looking for photos of students who were involved in church ministry, outreach, or went on a mission trip over the summer. Please send photos to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 15. Not all photos sent in will be able to be used in the yearbook.
Christmas Break Begins Next Friday, December 16
All classes will dismiss on Friday, December 16, at 11:00 a.m. There is no child care that day. Classes will resume on Tuesday, January 3.
Panthers in Action
There are several ways to find the basketball schedule on RenWeb.
- First of all, the 2016-2017 Basketball schedule is located under the Resource Documents tab.
- The second way is to select the Calendar tab. With this selection, the calendar will display all of the events for the month. You can select the specific category – Athletics: MS Boys Basketball, for example – and see the practices and games for that team for the month. When you click on a specific game, the game time and option to see the map will be displayed. At this time, you can click on the map feature to see the address and directions.
Upcoming Basketball Games
Tuesday, December 6
- MS Girls vs. Prince of Peace 4:00
- MS Boys vs. Prince of Peace 5:00
- V Girls @ Carolina Day 5:00
- V Boys @ Carolina Day 6:30
Friday, December 9
- V Girls vs. Next Charter 5:00
- V Boys vs. Next Charter 6:15
Monday, December 12
- MS Girls @ Langston 4:00
- MS Boys @ Langston 5:00
- V Girls vs. Carolina Day 5:00
- V Boys vs. Carolina Day 6:30
Mirrors for Art Class
The art department is collecting compact/hand mirrors for art class. Please check your old purses or junk drawers for compact mirrors that you can donate. You may drop off the mirrors at the office or give them to your child’s teacher. Thank you for your assistance!
Lowes Food Card
Hampton Park is now enrolled in the Lowes Food program for schools. You must first have a Lowes Food Card. To register that card, go to www.lowesfoods.com and select “Rewards” and then “Back2Schools.” Under the “Cart to Class” tab, click on the “link your school to your card” and enroll. From here, you will enter your card information and choose HP form a pull down menu. Thanks for your participation in these programs that can benefit our school!
Vocal Solo Winners
The following students will represent HPCS at SCACS on March 1, 2017!
- Girls – (Grades 4-6)
- 1st place – Aubrey Jones
- 2nd place – Sarah Jones
- 1st Alternate – Alyssa Henderson
- 2nd Alternate Tie – Lyric Rains and Gracie Warlick
- Boys – (Grades 4-6)
- 1st place – Bonner Haddon
- 2nd place – Lane Miles
- Alternate – Luke Kluthe
|Wednesday, 12/7||Thursday, 12/8||Friday, 12/9||Monday, 12/12||Tuesday, 12/13|
|Hot dogs, French fries, salad||Pepperoni or cheese pizza, salad or yogurt||Taco lasagna, tortilla chips & salsa, salad||Grilled cheese sandwich, tomato soup, pickle, fruit||Baked potato bar, broccoli, chili, Christmas dessert|
|December 8||Upper School Christmas Program (7 p.m. Main Auditorium)|
|December 13||Lower School Christmas Program (Grades 3-6; 7 p.m. Main Auditorium)|
|December 14-16||Upper School Exams|
|December 14-15||Early Dismissal – 11:30 a.m.|
|December 15||Lower School Christmas Program (Grades K4-2; 7 p.m. Main Auditorium)|
|December 16||Lower School Carol Sing (9 a.m. Main Auditorium)|
|December 16||Early Dismissal – 11 a.m. (No child care)|
|January 3||School Resumes|
|January 6||Geography Bee|
|January 9||End of 2nd Grading Period|
|January 10||Second Semester Begins|
|January 11-13||Art Contests|
|January 12||Instrumental Solos and Ensembles Run-offs|
|January 13||Report Cards|
|January 16||Martin Luther King, Jr. Day – No School or Child Care|
|January 20||Lower School Piano Solo and Ensemble Run-offs|
|January 23-27||Spirit Week|
|January 26||Upper School Piano Solo and Ensemble Run-offs|
|January 26||Upper School Voice Solo Run-offs|
|August 10||First Day of School – 2017-2018 School Year|