Spirit Week is January 23-27 – Be making plans to participate
Spirit Week is next week and we are encouraging our student body to participate each day! Any Upper School student not participating in Spirit Week is expected to abide by the regular dress code.
- Monday – Character Day (dress like a famous real-life or fictitious character)
- Tuesday – Casual Day (dress in comfortable clothing from pajamas to sweats to jeans)
- Wednesday – Decades Day (dress in retro clothing from a particular decade)
- Thursday – Crazy Day (the name says it all – dress in mismatched clothes or costumes. Be creative! You may wear temporary face or hair paint if applied at home rather than at school)
- Friday – School Spirit Day (Navy, gold and white!)
Please be mindful to keep clothing modest. Upper School students, please remember no shorts allowed.
Homecoming will take place on Friday, January 27. All HPCS families are encouraged to come enjoy the homecoming festivities!
- All four basketball teams will play:
- MS Girls vs. Christ Church – 4:00
- MS Boys vs. Christ Church – 5:00
- Varsity Girls – 6:30
- Varsity Boys – 7:45
- An alumni reception will be held in the Blue Room.
- The Senior Class of 2017 and their parents will be recognized.
Admission to homecoming is free with your complimentary Panther Pass (available in the office). Concessions will be available for purchase (all proceeds benefit the Class of 2017).
Open House is February 7-9, from 8:45-11:00 a.m. each day. We encourage you to invite someone to attend with you!
Ci Mobile Robotics
The Ci Mobile Robotics Workshop will be held on February 21-23, from 3:15-5:15 p.m. for Upper School students and March 7-8, from 3:00-5:00 p.m. for Lower School students in grades 4-6. The workshops will be geared around the Lego EV3 Mindstorm robot and will teach students how to build and program the robot. Students who have attended the workshop before should plan to come again to receive more in-depth challenges in building, engineering, and programming. The cost for the workshop is $70 for Upper School students and $45 for Lower School students.
Panthers in Action
Upcoming Basketball Games
Thursday, January 19
- MS Girls @ Bob Jones Academy 4:15
- MS Boys @ Bob Jones Academy 5:15
Friday, January 20
- MS Girls vs. Langston 4:00
- MS Boys vs. Langston 5:00
- JV Boys @ Bob Jones Academy 5:00
- Varsity Girls @ Bob Jones Academy 6:00
- Varsity Boys @ Bob Jones Academy 7:15
Monday, January 23
- MS Girls @ Our Lady of the Rosary 4:15
- MS Boys @ Our Lady of the Rosary 5:15
- Varsity Girls vs. Oakwood 5:00
- JV Boys @ Walnut Grove 5:00
- Varsity Boys @ Walnut Grove 6:30
Tuesday, January 24
- MS Girls vs. St. Mary’s 4:00
- MS Boys vs. St. Mary’s 5:00
Samuel Lopez won first place and Camden Gearhart took second place in the Geography Bee!
The Lego Robotics League had a successful first year! After hours of training, the team built and programmed their robot and competed at a regional tournament where their robot exceeded their expectations. We are so proud of our Robotics Team!
Hampton Park Christian School has brought in $25,392 for the STEAM-Powered Initiative as of today!
Re-enrollment information will be coming out in the next few weeks.
|Wednesday, 1/18||Thursday, 1/19||Friday, 1/20||Monday, 1/23||Tuesday, 1/24|
|Hot dogs, French fries, salad||Sausage or cheese pizza, salad or yogurt||Sloppy joes, baked beans, potato chips, pickle||Chicken tenders, mashed potatoes, buttered carrots, dressing, roll||Hamburger bar, French fries, fruit, dessert|
|January 20||Lower School Piano Solo and Ensemble Run-offs|
|January 23-27||Spirit Week|
|January 26||Upper School Piano Solo and Ensemble Run-offs|
|January 26||Upper School Voice Solo Run-offs|
|January 30-February 2||Lower School Academic Testing (Grades 3-6)|
|February 7-9||Open House (8:45-11:30 a.m.)|
|February 9-10||CMSC Tournament at HPCS|
|February 10||American Heritage Day Program|
(Grades K4-12; 10:20 a.m. Main Auditorium)
|February 10||American Heritage Day Lunch|
|February 13-16||Upper School Academic Testing|
|February 14||Mid-quarter Reports (Grades 4-12)|
|February 17-18||SCACS Basketball Tournament|
|February 20||Presidents’ Day – No School or Child Care|
|February 21-23||CI Mobile Robotics (Grades 7-12)|
|February 27-28||Jr/Sr Dress Check|
|February 27 – March 1||Lower School Basketball Camp (Grades 3-6)|
|March 3||SCACS Lower School Fine Arts Festival – No School or Child Care|
|March 7-8||Ci Mobile Robotics (Grades 4-6)|
|March 9||SCACS Rehearsal – Public Invited|
(Grades 7-12; 7:00 p.m. Main Auditorium)
|March 10-11||SCBDA All-State Band Clinic|
|March 15||End of 3rd Grading Period|
|March 16-17||SCACS Upper School Fine Arts Festival|
|March 20||Jr/Sr Dress Recheck|
|March 20||Report Cards|
|March 23-24||Spring Pictures|
|March 27-31||Upper School Achievement Testing|
|March 28-31||Sixth Grade Trip to Williamsburg|
|March 30||Jr/Sr Banquet Set Up|
|March 31||Early Dismissal|
(Grades 1-12 dismiss at 11:30 a.m.; K4-K5 regular dismissal)
|March 31||Jr/Sr Banquet|
(7:00 p.m. MAC)
|August 10||First Day of School – 2017-2018 School Year|