Students have been creatively expressing their spirit this week and we look forward to the days ahead!
- Wednesday – Decades Day (dress in retro clothing from a particular decade)
- Thursday – Crazy Day (the name says it all – dress in mismatched clothes or costumes. Be creative! You may wear temporary face or hair paint if applied at home rather than at school)
- Friday – School Spirit Day (Navy, gold and white!)
Spirit Week Class Banners
Every year during Spirit Week, the Upper School classes make banners that are displayed in the gym for homecoming and are judged according to creativity and spirit. This year, the judging will become a STEAM fundraiser. Lower School students can bring loose change from home and cast their vote by putting the change in buckets in front of the banners. The banner with the most change will win and will be announced during homecoming.
Homecoming will take place on Friday, January 27. All HPCS families are encouraged to come enjoy the homecoming festivities!
- All four basketball teams will play:
- MS Girls vs. Christ Church – 4:00
- MS Boys vs. Christ Church – 5:00
- Varsity Girls vs. Oconee – 6:30
- Varsity Boys vs. Oconee – 7:45
- An alumni reception will be held in the Blue Room.
- The Senior Class of 2017 and their parents will be recognized between the middle school and varsity games.
Admission to homecoming is free with your complimentary Panther Pass (available in the office). Concessions will be available for purchase (all proceeds benefit the Class of 2017).
Open House is February 7-9, from 8:45-11:00 a.m. each day. We encourage you to invite someone to attend with you!
American Heritage Day – February 10
The American Heritage Day Program and Lunch will be held on February 10. The Program will be held in the Main Auditorium (M Building) at 10:20 a.m. and is a program enjoyed by all who attend! The Luncheon will be held in the MAC (A Building) with staggered lunch times in order to accommodate the students and their guests.
- Lunch Menu – BBQ Pork Sandwich, potato chips, baked beans, cole slaw, apple or cherry pie, and Pepsi
- Lunch Prices – 3rd-Adult lunch $6.00; K4-2nd lunch $4.95; 3 years and younger are free with one adult purchase
- Lunch Schedule:
- K4/K5………….. 10:55
- 1st……………….. 11:00
- 2nd………………. 11:10
- 3rd……………….. 11:20
- 4th……………….. 12:00
- 5th……………….. 12:10
- 6th……………….. 12:30
- 7th-12th…………. 12:50
- Reservations are required by Wednesday, February 8. Forms were sent home with students today.
Ci Mobile Robotics
The Ci Mobile Robotics Workshops will be geared around the Lego EV# Mindstorm robot and will teach students how to build and program the robot. Students who have attended the workshop before should plan to come again to receive more in-depth challenges in building, engineering, and programming.
- The Upper School Ci Mobile Robotics Workshop will be held on February 21-23, from 3:15-5:15 p.m. and will cost $70.
- The Lower School Ci Mobile Robotics Workshop will be held on March 7-8, from 3:00-5:00 p.m. and will cost $45.
Panthers in Action
Upcoming Basketball Games
Tuesday, January 24
- MS Girls vs. St. Mary’s 4:00
- MS Boys vs. St. Mary’s 5:00
Thursday, January 26
- Varsity Girls @ Next Charter (time TBD)
- Varsity Boys @ Next Charter (time TBD)
Friday, January 27 – HOMECOMING!
- MS Girls vs. Christ Church 4:00
- MS Boys vs. Christ Church 5:00
- Varsity Girls vs. Oconee 6:30
- Varsity Boys vs. Oconee 7:45
Monday, January 30
- MS Girls @ Spartanburg Prep 4:30
- MS Boys @ Spartanburg Prep 5:30
Tuesday, January 31
- Varsity Girls/Varsity Boys vs. Faculty/Staff 4:00
Hampton Park Christian School has brought in $26,891 for the STEAM-Powered Initiative as of today!
Re-enrollment information will be coming out soon.
Lost and Found
Since it is difficult to keep up with all of the uniforms and HP branded clothing around campus, please make a point to write your child’s name in the labels. Labeled items in Lost and Found can eventually find their way back to the owners. Take a moment now to look through the uniform and HP branded clothing that you have lying around your house to make sure that it belongs to your child and that it is labeled. Remember, the Lost and Found items are currently located in the MAC (A Building). Drop by the next time you are on campus to look through the items for anything that may belong to your family.
|Wednesday, 1/25||Thursday, 1/26||Friday, 1/27||Monday, 1/30||Tuesday, 1/31|
|Macaroni & cheese, chicken drumstick, green beans, biscuit||Pepperoni or cheese pizza, salad or yogurt||Southwest Chicken wrap, tortilla chips & salsa||Beef stroganoff, green beans, salad, roll||Baked potato bar, broccoli, chili, dessert|
|January 23-27||Spirit Week|
|January 26||Upper School Piano Solo and Ensemble Run-offs|
|January 26||Upper School Voice Solo Run-offs|
|January 30-February 2||Lower School Academic Testing (Grades 3-6)|
|February 7-9||Open House (8:45-11:30 a.m.)|
|February 9-10||CMSC Tournament at HPCS|
|February 10||American Heritage Day Program
(Grades K4-12; 10:20 a.m. Main Auditorium)
|February 10||American Heritage Day Lunch|
|February 13-16||Upper School Academic Testing|
|February 14||Mid-quarter Reports (Grades 4-12)|
|February 17-18||SCACS Basketball Tournament|
|February 20||Presidents’ Day – No School or Child Care|
|February 21-23||CI Mobile Robotics (Grades 7-12)|
|February 27-28||Jr/Sr Dress Check|
|February 27 – March 1||Lower School Basketball Camp (Grades 3-6)|
|March 3||SCACS Lower School Fine Arts Festival – No School or Child Care|
|March 7-8||Ci Mobile Robotics (Grades 4-6)|
|March 9||SCACS Rehearsal – Public Invited
(Grades 7-12; 7:00 p.m. Main Auditorium)
|March 10-11||SCBDA All-State Band Clinic|
|March 15||End of 3rd Grading Period|
|March 16-17||SCACS Upper School Fine Arts Festival|
|March 20||Jr/Sr Dress Recheck|
|March 20||Report Cards|
|March 23||Lower School Spring Pictures|
|March 24||Upper School Spring Pictures|
|March 27-31||Upper School Achievement Testing|
|March 28-31||Sixth Grade Trip to Williamsburg|
|March 30||Jr/Sr Banquet Set Up|
|March 31||Early Dismissal
(Grades 1-12 dismiss at 11:30 a.m.; K4-K5 regular dismissal)
|March 31||Jr/Sr Banquet
(7:00 p.m. MAC)
|August 10||First Day of School – 2017-2018 School Year|