Quite a few students, as well as teachers, have been battling sickness this season. Please be reminded to keep sick students home from school until they have been fever-free and symptom free from the stomach bug for 24 hours. Thank you for your assistance in following this policy and helping to prevent the spread of sickness.
Basketball Camp will be held on Monday-Wednesday, February 27-March 1, from 3:15-5:00 p.m. at a cost of $20 per student. The registration deadline is February 24. Forms went home today.
Lower School Vocal and Piano Solos for Fine Arts Festival on March 3
Lower School students who are involved in vocal and piano solos for the Fine Arts Festival on March 3, should bring the original music for their vocal or piano piece to the school office by Friday, February 17.
Ci Mobile Robotics
- The Upper School Ci Mobile Robotics Workshop will be held on February 21-23, from 3:15-5:15 p.m. in the Science Lab (M-120) and is designed to reinforce our biblical worldview and science curriculum. The cost for the three-day workshop is $70. Registrations will be on a first-come, first-served basis and space is limited to 30 students, so register early. Registration deadline is Friday, February 17.
- Students in grades 4-6, who are interested in joining our Lego Robotics Team, should consider attending the Lower School Ci Mobile Robotics Workshop, on Tuesday and Wednesday, March 7-8 from 3:00-5:00 p.m. in A-201 (the second floor conference room of the MAC). Students who attend will learn strong problem solving skills and teamwork, be exposed to a theology of technology integrations and be encouraged to develop a biblical worldview. The cost for the workshop is $45 and will be billed to the Smart account. Information sheets went home with students today. Space is limited to 24, so register early. Registration deadline is Thursday, March 2.
Please be reminded that re-enrollment must be completed by March 3 to receive the $150 enrollment fee. After March 3, the fee will be $300.
SCACS Fine Arts Festival – March 3
Lower School students involved in the SCACS Festival at Hampton Park on March 3, should plan to wear the following:
- Boys – black or navy dress pants, white shirts, and dark socks and dress shoes
- Girls – black or navy skirts, white tops, white tights or leggings, and dark dress shoes
Panthers in Action
Greenville Junior Team Tennis and Green Valley are once again partnering together to provide tennis to Hampton Park Christian School. Clinics will start the week of March 6 and conclude the week of May 8. Students ages 6-18 may choose between the Tuesday clinics from 4:00-5:00 p.m. or the Thursday clinics from 5:00-6:00 p.m. All clinics will take place at Green Valley Country Club. Friday matches will take place in April and May. To register, go to www.greenvillejtt.com/register to complete the two step registration. The Hampton Park team number is 7041317266 and is required for registration. Tennis fees will total $83.20 and must be paid when registering. The registration deadline is February 16! Questions? Call Nathalie Arnold, Greenville Junior Team Tennis Schools Coordinator, at 864.325.9588.
Pre-Participation Athletic Forms
Students interested in trying out for a Spring sport should keep in mind that valid Pre-Participation Athletic Forms are required for all students who try out for and play a sport. These forms may be obtained on RenWeb Resource Documents or at the school office. For Upper School students, a list of students who have current forms on file has been posted on the bulletin boards. For students in grade 6, this list has been given to your teachers.
Middle School Girls Soccer Tryouts
Middle School girls’ soccer team tryouts will take place on Tuesday, February 21, and Thursday, February 23, from 3:30-5:00 p.m.
Varsity Girls Soccer/Baseball/Golf Tryouts
Tryouts will take place the week of February 20. Be watching for details.
Lower School Dress Code Reminders
All students in K4-6th grades are expected to be in dress code from the time they enter the campus until the time they leave the campus.
- K4-3rd – dresses, skirts, skorts, and non-athletic shorts no more than 2-3 inches above the knee, pants, jeans, and capris are allowed.
- 4th-6th – Dresses, skirts, skorts, and Bermuda dress shorts to the top of the knee, pants, jeans, and capris are allowed. Tops must have a sleeve.
- Footwear – for safety reasons, all footwear must have either an enclosed back or back strap.
- K4-3rd – Pants, jeans, and non-athletic shorts 2-3 inches above the knee are allowed.
- 4th-6th – Pants, jeans, and Bermuda dress shorts are allowed. Shirts must have collars.
- Footwear – for safety reasons, all footwear must have an enclosed toe and enclosed back.
|Wednesday, 2/15||Thursday, 2/16||Friday, 2/17||Monday, 2/20||Tuesday, 2/21|
|Hot dogs, potato fries, salad||Pepperoni or cheese pizza, salad or yogurt||Sweet & sour chicken, fried rice, egg roll, salad||NO SCHOOL||Hamburger bar, French fries, fruit, dessert|
|February 14-16||Upper School Academic Testing|
|February 14||Mid-quarter Reports (Grades 4-12)|
|February 17-18||SCACS Basketball Tournament|
|February 20||Presidents’ Day – No School or Child Care|
|February 21-23||CI Mobile Robotics (Grades 7-12)|
|February 27-28||Jr/Sr Dress Check|
|February 27 – March 1||Lower School Basketball Camp (Grades 3-6)|
|March 3||SCACS Lower School Fine Arts Festival – No School or Child Care|
|March 7-8||Ci Mobile Robotics (Grades 4-6)|
|March 9||SCACS Rehearsal – Public Invited|
(Grades 7-12; 7:00 p.m. Main Auditorium)
|March 10-11||SCBDA All-State Band Clinic|
|March 15||End of 3rd Grading Period|
|March 16-17||SCACS Upper School Fine Arts Festival|
|March 20||Jr/Sr Dress Recheck|
|March 20||Report Cards|
|March 23||Lower School Spring Pictures|
|March 24||Upper School Spring Pictures|
|March 27-31||Upper School Achievement Testing|
|March 28-31||Sixth Grade Trip to Williamsburg|
|March 30||Jr/Sr Banquet Set Up|
|March 31||Early Dismissal|
(Grades 1-12 dismiss at 11:30 a.m.; K4-K5 regular dismissal)
|March 31||Jr/Sr Banquet|
(7:00 p.m. MAC)
|April 3||Class Meetings (Grades 11-12)|
|April 4-6||AACS Fine Arts Festival|
|April 3-7||Achievement Testing (Grades K4-6)|
|April 10-17||Easter Vacation – No School or Child Care|
|April 18||School Resumes|
|April 20||Senior Cap and Gown Pictures|
|April 21||Senior Parent Dinner|
|April 21||K5 Cap and Gown Pictures|
|April 24||Class Meeting (Grade 10)|
|April 25||Mid-quarter Reports (Grades 4-12)|
|April 27||Upper School Spring Concert (Grades 7-12)|
|April 28-29||SCACS Spring Soccer Tournament|
|May 1||SCACS Golf Tournament|
|May 1-5||Library Used Book Sale|
|May 2||Junior Parent Meeting (7:00 p.m.)|
|May 5-6||SCACS Baseball Tournament|
|May 8-24||No Cuts (Grades 7-12)|
|May 10-17||Senior Trip|
|May 18||Field Day (Grades 4-6)|
|May 18||Kindergarten Graduation|
(7:00 p.m. – Main Auditorium)
|May 19||Field Day (Grades 1-3)|
|May 19||Sports Banquet|
(6:00 p.m. – MAC)
|May 19||Last Day of Kindergarten and Child Care|
|May 22-24||Exams (Grades 9-12)|
(Grades 1-12 dismiss at 11:30 a.m.)
|May 24||Lower School Awards Program|
(9:15 a.m. – Main Auditorium)
(Grades 1-12 dismiss at 11:00 a.m.)
|May 24||Graduation Rehearsal (11:30-1:30 p.m.)|
|May 25||Records Day (No School)|
|May 26||Lower School Report Cards (8:30 a.m.)|
|May 26||Upper School Awards Program and Report Cards (8:45 a.m.)|
(7:00 p.m. – Main Auditorium)