Open House will continue February 8-9, from 8:45-11:00 a.m. each day. Drop by for a few minutes or for the entire time. We had a good number of visitors today and we encourage you to invite someone to attend with you on Wednesday or Thursday.
American Heritage Day – February 10
The American Heritage Day Program and Lunch will be held on February 10. The Program will be held in the Main Auditorium (M Building) at 10:20 a.m. and is a program enjoyed by all who attend! The Luncheon will be held in the MAC (A Building) with staggered lunch times in order to accommodate the students and their guests.
- Lunch Menu – BBQ Pork Sandwich, potato chips, baked beans, cole slaw, apple or cherry pie, and Pepsi
- Lunch Prices – 3rd-Adult lunch $6.00; K4-2nd lunch $4.95; 3 years and younger are free with one adult purchase
- Lunch Schedule:
- K4/K5………….. 10:55
- 1st……………….. 11:00
- 2nd………………. 11:10
- 3rd……………….. 11:20
- 4th……………….. 12:00
- 5th……………….. 12:10
- 6th……………….. 12:30
- 7th-12th…………. 12:50
- Lunch reservations are required by Wednesday, February 8. That’s tomorrow!
Ci Mobile Robotics
- The Upper School Ci Mobile Robotics Workshop forms were sent home last week to students in grades 7-12. The workshop will be held on February 21-23, from 3:15-5:15 p.m. in the Science Lab (M-120) and is designed to reinforce our biblical worldview and science curriculum. Students who have previously attended a workshop should consider attending again to receive more in-depth challenges in building, engineering, and programming. The cost for the three-day workshop is $70. Registrations will be on a first-come, first-served basis and space is limited to 30 students, so register early. Registration deadline is February 17.
SCACS Fine Arts Festival – March 3
Lower School students involved in the SCACS Festival at Hampton Park on March 3, may want to prepare ahead for the required dress:
- Boys – black or navy dress pants, white shirts, and dark dress shoes
- Girls – black or navy skirts, white tops, white tights or leggings, and dark dress shoes
Panthers in Action
Greenville Junior Team Tennis and Green Valley are once again partnering together to provide tennis to Hampton Park Christian School. Clinics will start the week of March 6 and conclude the week of May 8. Students ages 6-18 may choose between the Tuesday clinics from 4:00-5:00 p.m. or the Thursday clinics from 5:00-6:00 p.m. All clinics will take place at Green Valley Country Club. Friday matches will take place in April and May. In order to register, go to www.greenvillejtt.com/register to complete the two step registration. The Hampton Park team number is 7041317266 and is required for registration. Tennis fees will total $83.20 and must be paid when registering. The registration deadline is February 16! Questions? Call Nathalie Arnold, Greenville Junior Team Tennis Schools Coordinator, at 864.325.9588.
Middle School Girls Soccer Tryouts
Girls in grades 6-8 who are interested in soccer should consider trying out. Tryouts take place on Tuesday, February 21, and Thursday, February 23, from 3:30-5:00 p.m. Please keep in mind that valid Pre-Participation Athletic Forms are required for all students who try out for and play a sport. These forms may be obtained on RenWeb Resource Documents or at the school office.
Varsity Girls Soccer/Baseball/Golf Tryouts
Tryouts will take place the week of February 20. Be watching for details and make sure that your child has Pre-Participation Athletic Forms on file in the school office in order to try out for and play a sport.
Upcoming Basketball Games
Tuesday, February 7 – This is today!
- MS Girls vs. Bob Jones Academy 3:45
- Varsity Boys vs. Westgate 5:00
- MS Boys @ Bob Jones Academy 5:30
Thursday and Friday, February 9-10
- CMSC Tournament
Lower School Dress Code Reminders
All students in K4-6th grades are expected to be in dress code from the time they enter the campus until the time they leave the campus.
- K4-3rd – dresses, skirts, skorts, and non-athletic shorts no more than 2-3 inches above the knee, pants, jeans, and capris are allowed.
- 4th-6th – Dresses, skirts, skorts, and Bermuda dress shorts to the top of the knee, pants, jeans, and capris are allowed. Tops must have a sleeve.
- Footwear – for safety reasons, all footwear must have either an enclosed back or back strap.
- K4-3rd – Pants, jeans, and non-athletic shorts 2-3 inches above the knee are allowed.
- 4th-6th – Pants, jeans, and Bermuda dress shorts are allowed. Shirts must have collars.
- Footwear – for safety reasons, all footwear must have an enclosed toe and enclosed back.
Hampton Park has raised $28,674 for the STEAM Initiative to date.
Please contact Mrs. Kilpatrick at email@example.com if you are interested in piano lessons for your child this semester.
Re-enrollment information has been mailed. Please be reminded that re-enrollment must be completed by March 3 to receive the $150 enrollment fee. After March 3, the fee will be $300.
|Wednesday, 2/8||Thursday, 2/9||Friday, 2/10||Monday, 2/13||Tuesday, 2/14|
|Lasagna, Texas toast, salad||Sausage or cheese pizza, salad or yogurt||BBQ sandwich, baked beans, potato chips coleslaw, apple pie||Chicken noodle soup, salad, biscuit||Salad bar, dessert|
|February 7-9||Open House (8:45-11:00 a.m.)|
|February 9-10||CMSC Tournament at HPCS|
|February 10||American Heritage Day Program|
(Grades K4-12; 10:20 a.m. Main Auditorium)
|February 10||American Heritage Day Lunch|
|February 13-16||Upper School Academic Testing|
|February 14||Mid-quarter Reports (Grades 4-12)|
|February 14-16||Academic Testing (Grades 7-12)|
|February 17-18||SCACS Basketball Tournament|
|February 20||Presidents’ Day – No School or Child Care|
|February 21-23||CI Mobile Robotics (Grades 7-12)|
|February 27-28||Jr/Sr Dress Check|
|February 27 – March 1||Lower School Basketball Camp (Grades 3-6)|
|March 3||SCACS Lower School Fine Arts Festival – No School or Child Care|
|March 7-8||Ci Mobile Robotics (Grades 4-6)|
|March 9||SCACS Rehearsal – Public Invited|
(Grades 7-12; 7:00 p.m. Main Auditorium)
|March 10-11||SCBDA All-State Band Clinic|
|March 15||End of 3rd Grading Period|
|March 16-17||SCACS Upper School Fine Arts Festival|
|March 20||Jr/Sr Dress Recheck|
|March 20||Report Cards|
|March 23||Lower School Spring Pictures|
|March 24||Upper School Spring Pictures|
|March 27-31||Upper School Achievement Testing|
|March 28-31||Sixth Grade Trip to Williamsburg|
|March 30||Jr/Sr Banquet Set Up|
|March 31||Early Dismissal|
(Grades 1-12 dismiss at 11:30 a.m.; K4-K5 regular dismissal)
|March 31||Jr/Sr Banquet|
(7:00 p.m. MAC)
|August 10||First Day of School – 2017-2018 School Year|