8th Grade Parent Meeting – Tuesday, April 25, 7:00 p.m.
Parents of 8th grade students are invited to an informational meeting tonight at 7:00 p.m. in M-202/204. Please enter at the doors to the right of the Panther doors. At this meeting, you will learn strategies for preparing for high school and college.
STEAM Powered Walk-a-thon – Wednesday, April 26
The Walk-a-thon will take place on Wednesday, April 26, in the upper parking lot that will be sectioned off for safety. If you’d like to come and cheer on your children, please park in the lower parking lot and walk to the upper lot. Walk-a-thon results (number of laps walked) will be posted on the Hampton Park website and each homeroom teacher will have the results, as well. Students have until May 3 to collect pledges in order to count toward prize totals.
Lower School students:
- Students should wear the Walk-a-thon t-shirts. Athletic style shorts or loose-fitting warm-ups or sweat pants are also allowed for the day. Please have your child wear tennis shoes. If possible, shoes with laces or Velcro are ideal since we will be using race timing chips to track laps.
- Grades K4-2 will walk at 10:15 a.m.
- Grades 3-6 will walk at 12:45 p.m.
Upper School students:
- On Wednesday, students should wear the Walk-a-thon t-shirts with shorts (knee-length), sweatpants, or jeans.
- Grades 7-12 will walk at 2:00 p.m.
Spring Concert – April 27, 7:00 p.m.
Join us in the Main Auditorium on Thursday, April 27, at 7:00 p.m., for the Upper School Spring Concert. The Concert will feature many of the students who competed at the SCACS Fine Arts Festival and the AACS National Fine Arts Festival. All school families are invited to attend.
Students who are performing should wear the following:
- 7th-8th grade girls – long black skirt, solid black top, dark shoes
- 7th-8th grade boys – white long-sleeved dress shirt, tie or bow tie (any color), dark socks, dark shoes
- 9th-12th grade girls – black choir dress, black shoes
- 9th-12th grade boys – black dress pants, white long-sleeved dress shirt or tux shirt, black vest, black bowtie, black socks, black shoes
Library Used Book Sale – collecting books throughout April
The Hampton Park Library is continuing to collect books through Friday, April 28, for the used book sale. The sale will take place on May 1-5 in the school Library. All books at the sale will be $1.00 or less and proceeds will go to the school Library to purchase new books!
Required Junior Meeting – Tuesday, May 2, 7:00 p.m.
In order to give a better understanding of the fund-raising activities for the Senior Year, all juniors and at least one parent are required to attend the meeting on Tuesday, May 2, at 7:00 p.m., in M-212. Do you have questions about concessions during games, ad sales, or the senior trip? All of your questions will be answered at this informative meeting. Please enter at the Panther doors.
May the 4th
May the 4th is International Star Wars Day and all students are invited to dress in Star Wars attire. Pull out those costumes or be creative and let’s see Chewbacca, Yoda, Han Solo, or Princess Leia around campus. May the 4th be with you!
Outdoor Band Concert – May 9, 11:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
Join us under the Main Portico (feel free to bring your lunch) on May 9, from 11:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m., and hear all of the HPCS bands perform. The Lower School Band will perform at 11:00 a.m. and the Upper School Concert Band will follow at 11:45 a.m.
2017 Summer Sports Camps
While many students have already signed up, registration is still open for Hampton Park’s Soccer Camp (June 19-22) and Basketball Camp (July 17-20) for students going into grades 1-12. Don’t miss out on this opportunity take your game to the next level or begin to learn a new sport. Forms are located in the school office or register online using the following links:
- For Soccer Camp – https://eventsignup.org/event-registration/?ee=88
- For Basketball Camp – https://eventsignup.org/event-registration/?ee=89
Panthers in Action
- Tuesday, April 25
- MS Girls Soccer @ Shannon Forest 4:00 – GAME CANCELLED – PRACTICE IN GYM
- Baseball vs. Shannon Forest 4:30 – GAME CANCELLED – PRACTICE AT COACH PEEK’S PLANT
- Friday, April 28
- Baseball quarterfinals vs. Fountain Inn 4:30 p.m. (game is at our home field!)
- V Girls Soccer @ SCACS Tournament (200 Madison Avenue, Lyman, SC 29365) vs. Calvary 6:30 p.m.
- Saturday, April 29
- V Girls Soccer @ SCACS Tournament
- If lose on 4/28, then Consolation Game at 10:00 a.m.
- If win on 4/28, then Championship Game at 12:00 p.m.
- Monday, May 1
- SCACS Golf Tournament – details TBD
- Friday-Saturday, May 5-6
- SCACS Baseball Tournament – details TBD
- MS Girls Soccer – tournament play-in and playoff game details TBD
- V Girls Soccer @ SCACS Tournament
2017-2018 School Calendar
The 2017-2018 Tentative School Calendar is located in RenWeb under Resource Documents. This calendar will be updated in July and mailed with the Summer Preview.
Enrollment is still open! You may re-enroll on RenWeb or in the office. The registration fee is now $300.
Mirrors for Art Class
Continue to send in hand or compact mirrors for use in our art classroom for the 2017-2018 school year. Mirrors may be given to Mrs. Panosian or dropped off at the school office.
|Wednesday, 4/26||Thursday, 4/27||Friday, 4/28||Monday, 5/1||Tuesday, 5/2|
|Warm turkey & provolone on a pretzel roll, potato chips, salad||Sausage or cheese pizza, salad or yogurt||Creamy chicken & rice, green beans, roll, ice cream||Sloppy joes, baked beans, potato chips, coleslaw||Salad bar, dessert|
|April 25||8th Grade Parent Meeting (7:00 p.m. – M202/204)|
|April 25||Mid-quarter Reports (Grades 4-12)|
|April 27||Upper School Spring Concert (Grades 7-12)|
|April 28-29||SCACS Spring Soccer Tournament|
|May 1||SCACS Golf Tournament|
|May 1-5||Library Used Book Sale|
|May 2||Junior Parent Meeting (7:00 p.m. – M212)|
|May 5-6||SCACS Baseball Tournament|
|May 8-24||No Cuts (Grades 7-12)|
|May 9||Outdoor Band Concert (11:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.)|
|May 10-17||Senior Trip|
|May 18||Field Day (Grades 4-6)|
|May 18||Kindergarten Graduation (7:00 p.m. – Main Auditorium)|
|May 19||Field Day (Grades 1-3)|
|May 19||Sports Banquet (6:00 p.m. – MAC)|
|May 19||Last Day of Kindergarten and Child Care|
|May 22-24||Exams (Grades 9-12) (Grades 1-12 dismiss at 11:30 a.m.)|
|May 24||Lower School Awards Program (9:15 a.m. – Main Auditorium)|
(Grades 1-12 dismiss at 11:00 a.m.)
|May 24||Graduation Rehearsal (11:30-1:30 p.m.)|
|May 25||Records Day (No School)|
|May 26||Lower School Report Cards (8:30 a.m.)|
|May 26||Upper School Awards Program and Report Cards (8:45 a.m.)|
|May 26||Commencement (7:00 p.m. – Main Auditorium)|