Parents have 48 hours to place on-line picture orders. Go to mylifetouch.com with the Picture Day ID: NR507091Q0 to place your order. Remember, photos are satisfaction guaranteed – LifeTouch will retake your child’s portraits or return for a full refund if you are not satisfied.
Moms in Prayer
Consider joining our Moms in Prayer group that meets every Tuesday at 1:00 p.m. in M-202/204. All moms are welcome!
Join us on Saturday, August 26, for our Alumni games. The varsity soccer and volleyball teams will play the Alumni at 10:00 a.m. on the athletic field and in the gym.
Lunch Menu Change – August 30-31
The lunchroom will be switching the Wednesday, August 30, and Thursday, August 31, lunches. Wednesday, August 30, will be pizza day and the menu will be cheese or bacon pizza, yogurt or salad. On Thursday, August 31, the menu will be corndogs, tater tots, fruit and side salad. Please make a note of this change.
Connection Week for Upper School students will take place on Tuesday, August 29 through Friday, September 1. Connection Week is time at the beginning of the school year for our students and faculty to connect with one another, connect with God, and connect with the community.
- Attire – Students may wear activity wear each day, making sure to wear clothing that might get stained on Wednesday for the service activity, and dark clothing on Thursday for water activities.
- Lunch – Lunch will be provided on Wednesday for the students at no charge, but students may want to bring lunch or order from the cafeteria on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.
- Fill out the permission form on the Connection Week brochure or go to RenWeb under WebForms and sign the permission form by Wednesday, August 23.
Does your child need to improve creativity, memory and concentration? The game of chess is the best sport to exercise your brain – chess helps raise IQ, prevent Alzheimer’s, increase problem-solving skills, optimize memory, improve reading skills, and spark creativity. Hampton Park will be starting an after school Chess Club for students in grades 1-12. The Club will begin on Wednesday, September 13, from 3:30 – 5:00 p.m. If interested, contact Michelle Schley at email@example.com by Friday, September 1.
Panthers in Action
All of the games listed below are home games, so consider coming out to cheer on the Panther teams!
- Tuesday, August 22
- JV Volleyball vs. Westgate – 5:00
- Varsity Boys Soccer vs. Westgate – 5:15
- Varsity Volleyball vs. Westgate – 6:00
- Thursday, August 24
- Middle School Volleyball vs. Shannon Forest – 4:00
- Middle School Boys Soccer vs. Shannon Forest – 4:30
- JV Volleyball vs. Shannon Forest – 5:00
- Varsity Volleyball vs. Shannon Forest – 6:00
- Friday, August 25
- Middle School Volleyball vs. Spartanburg Day – 4:00
- Middle School Boys Soccer vs. Spartanburg Day – 4:00
- Varsity Boys Soccer vs. Northside – 6:00
- Saturday, August 26
- Varsity Volleyball vs. Alumni – 10:00 a.m.
- Varsity Boys Soccer vs. Alumni – 10:00 a.m.
- Tuesday, August 29
- Middle School Volleyball vs. Hurricanes – 4:00
- Varsity Boys Soccer vs. Oconee – 4:30
- JV Volleyball vs. Hurricanes – 5:00
- Varsity Volleyball vs. Hurricanes – 6:00
Fall Tennis Team
Greenville Junior Team Tennis and Green Valley are once again partnering together to provide tennis team opportunity to Hampton Park Christian School. Students ages 6-18 may participate in the program. If interested, use this link to register or to get more information or call Nathalie Arnold at 864.325.9588. The team number needed for registering for Hampton Park tennis for U12 is 7041334324 and for U18 is 7041334327. There is a team up event scheduled at Green Valley, which is where Hampton Park students will be playing, on September 10, so interested students will want to register soon.
Late Stay Information
Until the renovation is complete, Late Stay will relocate to the Collins Auditorium in the case of inclement weather conditions (heat, rain, thunder). Parents should go to the door facing the playground between the Collins Building and Brown Building to check out their child.
Are you interested in meeting other school moms? Would you like to help our teachers? If you are free on Tuesdays and would like to give one, two or six hours volunteering at school, then Tuesday Moms may be just for you! Tuesday Moms is a group of ladies who meet every Tuesday to help our teachers with various school projects – making copies, cutting and pasting, laminating, sorting and much, much more. If you are interested in volunteering, simply show up on Tuesday morning, come to the office to sign in, and we will direct you to the Tuesday Moms. Please contact the school office if you have questions.
Check-in/Check Out Procedures
Please make note of Hampton Park’s Check-in/Check-out Procedures.
Lower School Students
- Check-in and Check-out
- When a student is arriving late or dismissing early, a parent must come by the office to obtain a guest pass to gain entrance to the Lower School Buildings. The pass should be given to the teacher.
Upper School Students
- When a student arrives after 8:15 a.m. to school, he must check-in with the office.
- Students should provide a note from a parent or doctor’s excuse.
- Students must be checked-out prior to leaving school early.
- Non-driving students must have a parent sign them out.
- Driving students must have a note (either written or emailed) from a parent giving permission for the early dismissal.
Forms, Forms, Forms
Don’t forget to go to RenWeb to update all forms for 2017. In RenWeb, go to “School Information” and click the tab “Web Forms.” From there you can choose the correct form to complete.
- The Information Update 2017 form must be completed by all families. This updates your family and student information and gives us the emergency information (allergies, medical conditions, emergency contacts) regarding each student enrolled.
- Student Vehicle Registration Form – for students in Upper School who will drive vehicles to school during the day.
Photo Publication Policy
Hampton Park Christian School may include photos of students, teachers, and school activities on its website, social media pages, and in school promotional materials. If you would prefer for us NOT to use your child’s photo, please stop by the office or visit RenWeb (under Resource Documents) to obtain the 2017-2018 DO NOT PUBLISH form.
All parents are encouraged to log in to RenWeb to view the school calendar, important announcements, homework, grades, FACTS and more!
Support our School
Boxtops for Education, Amazon, Ingles, Publix, and Lowe’s Food are all resources for our school to receive cash rewards. Visit our website to help Support our School.
Mrs. Kilpatrick is still collecting choir/band uniforms. If you are willing to sell or donate your used choir/band attire, please bring the item(s) to the office, labeled with your name and price if selling the item.
Piano and Voice Lessons
It’s not too late to sign up your child for piano or voice lessons. The music lesson form is available on RenWeb under Resource Documents or in the school office. Once the form is turned in, one of our music teachers will contact you.
If you are interested in helping during the school year, please ask to join our closed volunteer Facebook page – “HamptonPark Christian School Volunteers.” If you do not have a Facebook account, please email Emily Barney at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out about volunteer opportunities.
|Wednesday, 8/23||Thursday, 8/24||Friday, 8/25||Monday, 8/28||Tuesday, 8/29|
|Warm turkey and provolone on pretzel roll, chips, carrot sticks, fruit||Sausage or cheese pizza, salad or yogurt||Chicken tenders, steamed carrots & broccoli, hash brown casserole, roll||Warm chicken sandwich, potato chips, carrot & broccoli with ranch, fruit cup||Turkey & ham sub, pretzels, dill pickle, grapes, cookie|
|August 26||Alumni Soccer/Volleyball Games (10:00 a.m.)|
|August 29-September 1||Connection Week (Upper School)|
|September 4||Labor Day – No School or Child Care|
|September 11||Flag Raising|
|September 14||Class Meetings (Grades 11-12)|
|September 14-15||Senior Character Shots|
|September 15-16||Soccer/Volleyball Tournament|
|September 14||Mid-Quarter Reports (Grades 4-12)|
|September 19||Make-up Picture Day|
|September 21||Honor Society Induction (10:15 a.m. – Main Auditorium)|
|September 23||Senior Pictures|
|September 28-29||Teacher’s Convention – No School or Child Care|
|October 4-5||Fall Used Book Sale|
|October 11||PSAT (Required for Sophomores)|
|October 14||SCACS Cross Country State Meet|
|October 18||End of 1st Grading Period|
|October 19||Lower School Conferences (No K4 or K5 classes; Grades 1-6 dismiss at 11:30 a.m. Grades 7-12 full day)|
|October 20||Conferences (No K4 or K5 classes; Grades 1-12 dismiss at 11:30 a.m.)|
|October 20||Senior Carnival (11:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.)|
|October 24||Report Cards|
|October 24||College Meeting for parents of Students in Grades 9-12|