Reports cards for students in grades 1-6 went home today and Upper School students’ grades will be available on RenWeb and by email.
College Meeting (Grades 9-12) – October 24
Please be reminded that the College Meeting will be held in M-202/204, tonight at 7:00 p.m.
Spirit Day – Friday, October 27
To cheer on our Panther teams heading to the SCACS State Tournament, we will have a Spirit Day on Friday, October 27! Upper School students should wear Connection Week shirts and jeans or athletic pants. Lower School students should wear HP apparel or blue and gold.
Sword Drill (Grades 4-6)
The Sword Drill will be held in the Collins Auditorium on Friday, October 27, from 1:30-3:00 p.m. Guests may enter at the Collins Building through the door facing the Brown Building and playground. All are welcome!
Lost and Found
- The last day to look through the current Lost and Found items will be Friday, October 27. Remaining items will be donated to charity.
- New Procedures – Lost and Found items will be bagged and donated after the last Friday of every month. Reminders will be posted on social media as well as through weekly emails. Please come to campus regularly to claim items that belong to your children.
- Location – Lost and Found is located in the MAC (A Building) behind the doors to the left of the fireplace. Items are rolled out on a cart each day at lunch, and you are welcome to come to campus at other times and check out a pass to access the Lost and Found.
- Help! – Consider labeling your belongings to help us locate the owners for items that show up in Lost and Found.
Usborne Online Book Fair
Hampton Park will be hosting an Usborne Online Book Fair and details will be going home in next week’s folders. If you would like to take a look at what is available, go to www.frontdoorbookstore.com, click on “shop” and select “Hampton Park.”
Bob Jones Festival
The Bob Jones Festival (BJ Fest) will be held October 31 – November 2 for Upper School students competing in various fine arts categories. An event schedule will be available soon.
Lower School Soccer Camp
Lower School Soccer Camp will be held on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday, November 6, 8, and 9. Students in grades 3-6 will receive details later in October.
Panthers in Action
SCACS Tournament – Upward Star Center, 9768 Warren H. Abernathy Highway, Spartanburg, SC 29301
Admission is $8.00 for the day and includes the entire tournament. Ages 10 and under are free. No outside food or drinks are allowed at the tournament.
- Friday, October 27
- Varsity Volleyball – 12:00, 3:15, 7:30
- Varsity Soccer – 6:00
- Saturday, October 28
- Varsity Volleyball – TBD
- Varsity Soccer
- If lose on Friday, then 10:00
- If win on Friday, then 11:45
Try-outs for all basketball teams will take place the week of October 30-November 3 as follows:
- MS Girls – Monday-Thursday – 3:30-5:15 p.m.
- MS Boys – Monday-Friday – 3:30-5:15 p.m.
- Varsity Girls – Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday – 5:15-7:30 p.m.
- JV/Varsity Boys – Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday – 5:15-7:30 p.m.
Tuesday Moms meet every Tuesday in A-201 to help our teachers with various projects. Consider volunteering if you have an occasional free Tuesday. If you have questions, please call the school office.
|Wednesday, 10/25||Thursday, 10/26||Friday, 10/27||Monday, 10/30||Tuesday, 10/31|
|Grilled cheese sandwich, tomato soup, fruit||Pepperoni or cheese pizza, salad or yogurt||Sliced ham, sweet potato, broccoli with cheese sauce, fruit, roll||Chicken sandwich, waffle fries, salad, apple slices with caramel sauce||Salad bar, warm peach cobbler|
|October 24||Report Cards|
|October 24||College Meeting for parents of Students in Grades 9-12|
|October 27||Sword Drill (Grades 4-6; 1:30-3:00 p.m. – Collins Auditorium)|
|October 27-28||SCACS Soccer/Volleyball Tournament|
|October 31-November 2||Bob Jones Festival|
|November 6, 8, 9||Soccer Camp (Grades 3-6)|
|November 7||Election Day – No School or Child Care|
|November 9||Veterans Day Program (10:20 a.m. – Main Auditorium)|
|November 10||Soccer Camp – Rain Date|
|November 16||Lower School Speech Run-offs|
|November 16||Upper School Spelling Bee Testing|
|November 17||Lower School Thanksgiving Program (10:00 a.m. – Main Auditorium)|
|November 17||Thanksgiving Lunch|
|November 17-18||Providence Basketball Tournament|
|November 20||Mid-Quarter Reports (Grades 4-12)|
|November 21||Spelling Bees (Grades 2-3 – 9:00 a.m.; Grades 4-6 – 1:30 p.m.)|
|November 22-24||Thanksgiving Break – No School or Child Care|
|November 30||Lower School Voice Run-offs (Grades 4-6)|
|December 7-9||Drama Production|
|December 11-20||Upper School NO CUTS|
|December 12||Upper School Speech Run-offs|
|December 12||Christmas Program (Grades 3-6; 7:00 p.m. – Main Auditorium)|
|December 14||Upper School Christmas Program (7:00 p.m. – Main Auditorium)|
|December 18-20||Exams (Grades 7-12)|
|December 18-19||K4-12 Dismiss at 11:30 a.m.|
|December 19||Christmas Program (Grades K4-2; 7:00 p.m. – Main Auditorium)|
|December 20||Christmas Vacation Begins (Grades K4-12 dismiss at 11:00 a.m. – No Child Care)|