SCACS Art – Extra Help and Ideas
Mrs. Panosian will be in her classroom from 3:15-4:15 p.m., on Thursday, November 16, and Friday, November 17, to assist students who are interested in participating in SCACS Art. Students are welcome to work the entire hour or simply go to get ideas.
Lower School Thanksgiving Program and Lunch
The Thanksgiving Program and Lunch will be held on Friday, November 17. Parents are invited to be a part of this special celebration! The program in the Main Auditorium will begin at 10:00 a.m. and will include special music and testimonies. Thanksgiving Lunch will follow in the Activities Building (A Building) based on the dining schedule below. Lunch tickets are $4.75 for students in K4 through 2nd grade and $6.00 for 3rd grade through adults. Children three and under are free with an adult purchase. Lunch orders are due to your child’s homeroom teacher by Wednesday, November 15.
- K4/K5 – 10:55
- 1st – 11:00
- 2nd – 11:10
- 3rd – 11:20
- 4th – 12:00
- 5th – 12:10
- 6th – 12:30
- 7-12th – 12:50
Thanksgiving Project – Miracle Hill Children’s Home
Please continue to send in items for the Miracle Hill Children’s Home. The list of needs was sent home with students and is also on RenWeb under Resource Documents. The deadline to turn in items is Friday, November 17.
Lower School Spelling Bees – Tuesday, November 21
Parents are invited to attend the Lower School Spelling Bees in the Collins Auditorium (C Building) on Tuesday, November 21. The quizzing will begin at 9:00 a.m. for students in grades 2-3 and 1:30 p.m. for grades 4-6. Guests should enter the Collins Building through the side door facing the Brown Building and playground.
Lunchroom – Dessert Contest
Keep sending in your dessert ideas for the lunchroom dessert contest! Please email your dessert recipe to firstname.lastname@example.org. Desserts will be judged on flavor, simplicity, and cost. Please, no nuts and only one entry per person! Only emailed recipes will be considered and must be received by November 30. The dessert will be named after the winner, and the winner will receive a free lunch every time the dessert is served.
Haywood Mall Christmas Tree Lighting
The 4th grade classes will be singing at the Christmas Tree Lighting at the Haywood Mall outdoor stage between Macys and Sears on Friday, December 1, at 4:00 p.m. Details were sent home with 4th grade students today.
Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony at Bob Jones University
Hampton Park’s Upper School Concert Choir will be singing at the Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony at Bob Jones University on Friday, December 1. The choir will be performing a 20-minute carol sing beginning at 6:00 p.m., prior to the Tree Lighting Ceremony which begins at 6:30 p.m. Community activities and music will be taking place on the campus prior to the ceremony and all are invited to attend.
SCACS Fine Arts Registrations
On-line registration is now open for all music and academic testing categories for the South Carolina Association of Christian Schools (SCACS) Fine Arts competition:
- Music – All categories for grades 1-12 should register on-line. Students in grades 4-6 who are participating in vocal solo must register by November 15.
- Academic Testing –Students in grades 3-6 will be selected based on academics by teachers. Students in grades 7-12 should register on-line.
- Art – All students (grades 1-12) planning to participate in art should register on the paper form that was sent home. The form can be found on RenWeb under Resource Documents. Choose “Lower School Art” or “Upper School Art.”
- Registration Deadline – Tuesday, December 5.
The Mousetrap by Agatha Christie
Ticket sales for the Panther Players’ presentation of The Mousetrap by Agatha Christie begin on Monday, November 27.
- The tickets will be sold before (8:00-8:30 a.m.) and after (3:15-3:40 p.m.) school in the Main Building (M Building) by the offices.
- The performances will be on Thursday, December 7, and Friday, December 8, at 7:00 p.m. and Saturday, December 9, at 2:00 p.m.
- Ticket prices are $7.00 for adults, $5.00 for students, and $3.00 for HPCS students. You may pay by cash or check.
- Please keep in mind that this year’s play is a murder-mystery that will be presented in a tasteful manner but may be upsetting to extremely sensitive children.
Our Christmas Programs will be held on December 12 (Lower School Grades 3-6), December 14 (Upper School), and December 19 (Lower School Grades K4-2). Programs begin at 7:00 p.m. in the Main Auditorium.
- Lower School Dress Guidelines
- Girls should wear Christmas dresses or outfits (skirts/tops) with dress shoes (no tennis shoes).
- Boys should wear dark pants, long-sleeved dress shirts or sweaters, and dress shoes (no tennis shoes).
- Upper School Dress Guidelines
- 7-8th Grade Girls: Black choir dresses or black maxi skirts with any top/sweater, dark tights, and dark shoes.
- 7-8th Grade Boys: Black pants, black shoes, black socks, and white long-sleeved dress shirt.
- 9-12th Grade Girls: Choir dress with black tights and black shoes.
- 9-12th Grade Boys: Black pants, black bow tie, black vest, black socks and shoes, and white long-sleeved dress shirt or tux shirt.
Panthers in Action
Pick up your 2017-2018 Panther Pass in the office and get into all regular-season home games for FREE!
Season Passes – New This Year
Season Passes are available to those who attend several games a year, but who do not qualify for a Panther Pass (friends, other family members, alumni). Season passes are available for $10 for an individual and $15 for a family (immediate household only) and may be purchased in the office or at home games. The Season Pass will provide access to all regular-season home basketball games.
Upcoming Basketball Games
Tuesday, November 14
- Varsity Girls @ Eagle Ridge-Next School 5:30 (4 Eagle Lane, Salem, SC 29676)
- Varsity Boys @ Eagle Ridge-Next School 6:45 (4 Eagle Lane, Salem, SC 29676)
Thursday, November 16
Come out for our first home basketball games! The seniors will be selling concessions – yummy snacks including hot dogs and grilled cheese sandwiches!
- MS Girls vs. Spartanburg Prep 4:00
- MS Boys vs. Spartanburg Prep 5:15
Friday, November 17
Providence Tournament @ Providence Academy (2788 Carroll Creek Road, Johnson City, TN 37615)
- Varsity Girls 4:00
- Varsity Boys 5:30
Saturday, November 18
Providence Tournament @ Providence Academy (2788 Carroll Creek Road, Johnson City, TN 37615)
- Varsity Girls 1:00
- Varsity Boys 2:30
The first quarter honor roll is on RenWeb under Resource Documents.
Address/Phone Number Changes
When your address or phone number changes, please go to RenWeb or call the office to update your information.
Support our School
Remember to do all your Amazon shopping through this link https://www.amazon.com/?tag=hampto00-20. This is an easy way to help our school raise money with no effort on your part other than to remember to use the link for your Amazon shopping.
On-Line Usborne Book Sale
Hampton Park was able to purchase $600 worth of free books for our teachers and for the Library! Thank you for your part in making this sale a success! The Usborne books will arrive at school in a few weeks.
- First Day of School (grades 1-12) – August 14
- Teachers’ Convention – September 27-28
|Wednesday, 11/15||Thursday, 11/16||Friday, 11/17||Monday, 11/20||Tuesday, 11/21|
|Chili, cornbread, cheese, corn chips, crackers, fruit||Sausage or cheese pizza||Turkey & dressing, mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans, pumpkin pie||Scrambled eggs, sausage, fruit, hash brown patties, biscuit||Baked potato bar, brownie|
|November 16||Lower School Speech Run-offs|
|November 16||Upper School Spelling Bee Testing|
|November 17||Lower School Thanksgiving Program (10:00 a.m. – Main Auditorium)|
|November 17||Thanksgiving Lunch|
|November 17-18||Providence Basketball Tournament|
|November 20||Mid-Quarter Reports (Grades 4-12)|
|November 21||Spelling Bees (Grades 2-3 – 9:00 a.m.; Grades 4-6 – 1:30 p.m. – Collins Auditorium)|
|November 22-24||Thanksgiving Break – No School or Child Care|
|November 30||Lower School Voice Run-offs (Grades 4-6)|
|December 7-9||Drama Production|
|December 11-20||Upper School NO CUTS|
|December 12||Upper School Speech Run-offs|
|December 12||Christmas Program (Grades 3-6; 7:00 p.m. – Main Auditorium)|
|December 14||Upper School Christmas Program (7:00 p.m. – Main Auditorium)|
|December 18-20||Exams (Grades 7-12)|
|December 18-19||K4-12 Dismiss at 11:30 a.m.|
|December 19||Christmas Program (Grades K4-2; 7:00 p.m. – Main Auditorium)|
|December 20||Christmas Vacation Begins (Grades K4-12 dismiss at 11:00 a.m. – No Child Care)|
|January 3||School Resumes|
|January 5||Geography Bee (2:25 p.m. – Collins Auditorium)|
|January 8||End of 2nd Grading Period|
|January 9||Second Semester Begins|
|January 10-12||Art Run-offs (Grades 1-12)|
|January 11||Brass, Woodwind, Percussion, & String Solos and Ensembles|
|January 12||Report Cards|
|January 15||Martin Luther King, Jr. Day – No School or Child Care|
|January 19||Piano Solo & Piano Ensemble Run-offs (Grades 1-6)|
|January 26||Upper School Piano Solo & Piano Ensemble Run-offs|
|January 26||Upper School Vocal Solo Run-offs|
|January 26||Upper School Creative Writing and Poetry Run-offs|
|January 29-February 2||Spirit Week|