The Mousetrap by Agatha Christie
Ticket sales for the Panther Players’ presentation of The Mousetrap by Agatha Christie begin on Monday, November 27.
- The tickets will be sold before (8:00-8:30 a.m.) and after (3:15-3:40 p.m.) school in the Main Building (M Building) by the offices.
- The performances will be on Thursday, December 7, and Friday, December 8, at 7:00 p.m. and Saturday, December 9, at 2:00 p.m.
- Ticket prices are $7.00 for adults, $5.00 for students, and $3.00 for HPCS students. You may pay by cash or check.
- Please keep in mind that this year’s play is a murder-mystery that will be presented in a tasteful manner but may be upsetting to extremely sensitive children.
Lunchroom – Dessert Contest
The deadline for the dessert contest is quickly approaching! Please email your recipes to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 30. The winner will receive a free lunch every time the dessert is served.
Lost and Found
Lost and Found is located in the MAC (A Building) to the left of the fireplace. The last day to look through the current Lost and Found items is Friday, December 1.
Festival of Trees
The St. Francis Festival of Trees, held at the Downtown Hyatt from December 1 -31, showcases Christmas trees from area businesses. Hampton Park’s tree (tree #11), decorated by the art classes, will be on display in the Hyatt on the Mezzanine Level. Mrs. Panosian and her art classes have worked hard to design and decorate the HP tree, so we invite families to visit the Festival.
Haywood Mall Christmas Tree Lighting
The 4th grade classes will be singing at the Christmas Tree Lighting at the Haywood Mall outdoor stage between Macys and Sears on Friday, December 1, at 4:00 p.m.
Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony at Bob Jones University
Hampton Park’s Upper School Concert Choir will be singing at the Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony at Bob Jones University on Friday, December 1. The choir will be performing a 20-minute carol sing beginning at 6:00 p.m., prior to the Tree Lighting Ceremony which begins at 6:30 p.m. All are invited to attend!
SCACS Fine Arts Registrations
On-line registration (https://hpcsonline.org/fine-arts/registrations/) is now open for all music and academic testing categories for the South Carolina Association of Christian Schools (SCACS) Fine Arts competition:
- Music – All categories for grades 1-12 should register on-line.
- Academic Testing –Students in grades 3-6 will be selected based on academics by teachers. Students in grades 7-12 should register on-line.
- Art – All students (grades 1-12) planning to participate in art should register on the paper form that was sent home. The form can be found on RenWeb under Resource Documents. Choose “Lower School Art” or “Upper School Art.”
- Registration Deadline – Tuesday, December 5.
Our Christmas Programs will be held on December 12 (Lower School Grades 3-6), December 14 (Upper School), and December 19 (Lower School Grades K4-2). Programs begin at 7:00 p.m. in the Main Auditorium.
- Lower School Dress Guidelines
- Girls should wear Christmas dresses or outfits (skirts/tops) with dress shoes (no tennis shoes).
- Boys should wear dark pants, long-sleeved dress shirts or sweaters, and dress shoes (no tennis shoes).
- Upper School Dress Guidelines
- 7-8th Grade Girls: Black choir dresses or black maxi skirts with any top/sweater, dark tights, and dark shoes.
- 7-8th Grade Boys: Black pants, black shoes, black socks, and white long-sleeved dress shirt.
- 9-12th Grade Girls: Choir dress with black tights and black shoes.
- 9-12th Grade Boys: Black pants, black bow tie, black vest, black socks and shoes, and white long-sleeved dress shirt or tux shirt.
Panthers in Action
Upcoming Basketball Games
Tuesday, November 21
- Varsity Girls vs. Eagle Ridge 6:00
- Varsity Boys vs. Eagle Ridge 7:15
Tuesday, November 28
- MS Girls vs. Greenville Homeschool 3:30
- MS Boys vs. Greenville Homeschool 4:30
- JV Boys vs. Greenville Homeschool 5:30
- Varsity Girls vs. Greenville Homeschool 6:30
- Varsity Boys vs. Greenville Homeschool 8:00
Thursday, November 30
- JV Boys vs. Bob Jones Academy 5:00
- Varsity Girls vs. Bob Jones Academy 6:00
- Varsity Boys vs. Bob Jones Academy 7:30
The link for progress reports has been emailed to parents of students in grades 4-12. If there is a question about a missing grade, please communicate with the teacher. As a reminder, all of our teachers may be reached via email by their first and last name followed by @hamptonpark.org.
Spelling Bee Winners
Congratulations to the following students who will be representing Hampton Park in the SCACS Lower School Fine Arts Festival on March 2:
- 1st place – Jaden Conner
- 2nd place – Shannah Lin
- Alternate – Hailey Handford
- 1st place – JonPaul Sepulveda
- 2nd place – Kaylin Byrd
- Alternate – Andrew Scelsi
After School – Home Games – Late Stay
Please follow these guidelines regarding home basketball game attendance:
- Lower School – Due to DSS regulations, students 6th grade and below must either attend late stay after school or be picked up by a parent in order to attend a home game. Students may not be in the gym without adult supervision.
- Upper School – Students in grades 7-12 must be at late stay or in the gym by 3:40 p.m. when there is an official game. Students who are on a team should follow the direction of the coach regarding plans prior to a game.
Support our School
Remember to do all your Amazon shopping through this link https://www.amazon.com/?tag=hampto00-20.
|Wednesday, 11/22||Thursday, 11/23||Friday, 11/24||Monday, 11/27||Tuesday, 11/28|
|No School or Child Care||No School or Child Care||No School or Child Care||Southwest chicken wrap, tortilla chips & salsa, fruit, salad||Hamburger bar, French fries, dessert|
|November 22-24||Thanksgiving Break – No School or Child Care|
|November 30||Lower School Voice Run-offs (Grades 4-6)|
|December 7-9||Drama Production|
|December 11-20||Upper School NO CUTS|
|December 12||Upper School Speech Run-offs|
|December 12||Christmas Program (Grades 3-6; 7:00 p.m. – Main Auditorium)|
|December 14||Upper School Christmas Program (7:00 p.m. – Main Auditorium)|
|December 18-20||Exams (Grades 7-12)|
|December 18-19||K4-12 Dismiss at 11:30 a.m.|
|December 19||Christmas Program (Grades K4-2; 7:00 p.m. – Main Auditorium)|
|December 20||Christmas Vacation Begins (Grades K4-12 dismiss at 11:00 a.m. – No Child Care)|
|January 3||School Resumes|
|January 5||Geography Bee (2:25 p.m. – Collins Auditorium)|
|January 8||End of 2nd Grading Period|
|January 9||Second Semester Begins|
|January 10-12||Art Run-offs (Grades 1-12)|
|January 11||Brass, Woodwind, Percussion, & String Solos and Ensembles|
|January 12||Report Cards|
|January 15||Martin Luther King, Jr. Day – No School or Child Care|
|January 19||Piano Solo & Piano Ensemble Run-offs (Grades 1-6)|
|January 26||Upper School Piano Solo & Piano Ensemble Run-offs|
|January 26||Upper School Vocal Solo Run-offs|
|January 26||Upper School Creative Writing and Poetry Run-offs|
|January 29-February 2||Spirit Week|