The Geography Bee for Grades 4-8 will be held on Friday, January 5, at 2:25 p.m. in the Collins Auditorium (C Building). Parents are invited to attend. Please enter the Collins Building through the side door facing the Brown Building and playground.
SCACS Art Projects
Art entries need to be completed and turned in by January 10. Mrs. Panosian will be available after school from 3:15-4:30 p.m. on January 4-5, for any students who need assistance with the project.
Martin Luther King Day
There will be no school or child care on Monday, January 15, in observance of Martin Luther King Day.
Spirit Week is January 29-February 2 – Be making plans to participate
The entire student body is invited to dress according to the theme for each day of Spirit Week. Any Upper School student NOT participating is expected to abide by the regular dress code.
- Monday, January 29 – Superhero/Character Day (dress as your favorite superhero or as a famous real-life or fictitious character)
- Tuesday, January 30 – Mountains vs. Beach (choose to dress as a lumberjack or hiker OR don your favorite Hawaiian shirt – be creative)
- Wednesday, January 31 – International Day (put on a sombrero, wear a toga or kimono, be an Eskimo – the ideas are endless!)
- Thursday, February 1 – Crazy Day (the name says it all – dress in mismatched clothes or costumes)
- Friday, February 2 – Spirit Day (wear Connection Week or Spirit Day shirts!)
Please be mindful to keep clothing modest. Upper School students, please remember NO SHORTS allowed.
Homecoming is the culmination of Spirit Week and will take place on Friday, February 2. All HPCS families are encouraged to come enjoy the homecoming festivities!
- All five basketball teams will play:
- MS Girls vs. Lead Charter 3:30
- MS Boys vs. Lead Charter 4:30
- JV Boys vs. Oconee 5:30
- Varsity Girls vs. Oconee 6:30
- Varsity Boys vs. Oconee 7:45
- An alumni reception will be held in the Blue Room.
- The Senior Class of 2018 and their parents will be recognized.
Admission to homecoming is free with your complimentary Panther Pass (available in the office). Concessions will be available for purchase (all proceeds benefit the Class of 2018).
Panthers in Action
Upcoming Basketball Games
Friday, January 5
- Varsity Girls @ Oakwood 5:00 (304 Pearman Dairy Road, Anderson, SC 29625)
- JV Boys @ Oakwood 6:30
- Varsity Boys @ Oakwood 8:00
Tuesday, January 9
- MS Girls vs. Mitchell Road 4:00
- MS Boys vs. Mitchell Road 5:15
- Varsity Girls @ BJA 6:30 (1700 Wade Hampton Blvd, Greenville, SC 29614)
- Varsity Boys @ BJA 8:00
Thursday, January 11
- MS Girls vs. BJA 4:00
- MS Boys vs. BJA 5:15
Inclement Weather Policy
Hampton Park follows Greenville County Schools (GCS) on the first day of any cancellation, delay, or early closing due to inclement weather. After the first day of an inclement weather event, our plan may differ from GCS. We will post closings and delays on RenWeb, WYFF News 4, Facebook, Twitter, and our website. If possible, we will also send an email or text alert.
This is the season for sickness, so please be reminded to keep sick students home from school until they have been fever-free and symptom free from the stomach bug for 24 hours.
|Wednesday, 1/3||Thursday, 1/4||Friday, 1/5||Monday, 1/8||Tuesday, 1/9|
|Spaghetti & meatballs, salad, bread sticks||Pepperoni or cheese pizza, salad or yogurt||Breakfast lunch – sausage & egg casserole, pancakes, fruit||Chicken sandwich, waffle fries, salad||Chili bar – cornbread, cheese, corn chips, sour cream, dessert|
|January 3||School Resumes|
|January 5||Geography Bee (2:25 p.m. – Collins Auditorium)|
|January 8||End of 2nd Grading Period|
|January 9||Second Semester Begins|
|January 10-12||Art Run-offs (Grades 1-12)|
|January 11||Brass, Woodwind, Percussion, & String Solos and Ensembles|
|January 12||Report Cards|
|January 15||Martin Luther King, Jr. Day – No School or Child Care|
|January 19||Piano Solo & Piano Ensemble Run-offs (Grades 1-6)|
|January 26||Upper School Piano Solo & Piano Ensemble Run-offs|
|January 26||Upper School Vocal Solo Run-offs|
|January 26||Upper School Creative Writing and Poetry Run-offs|
|January 29-February 2||Spirit Week|
|February 1||Class Meetings (Grades 11 and 12)|
|February 6-8||Open House (mornings only)|
|February 8-9||CMSC Basketball Tournament|
|February 10||Robotics Workshop|
|February 12-13||Jr/Sr Dress Check|
|February 13||Mid-Quarter Reports (Grades 4-12)|
|February 13||Jr/Sr Work Night|
|February 16-17||SCACS Basketball Tournament|
|February 19||Presidents Day – No School or Child Care|
|February 22||American Heritage Day Program and Lunch (Grades K4-12)|
Program – 10:20 a.m. Main Auditorium
Lunch – following in MAC (A Building)
|February 26-28||Lower School Basketball Camp (Grades 3-6)|