Re-enrollment Deadline – March 2
Don’t delay! Re-enroll by Friday, March 2, for $175 per student. After March 2, the fee will be $300. Re-enrollment should be completed through RenWeb by entering through the Family Information Tab and selecting “enrollment/re-enrollment.”
Upper School Bible Study
Students in grades 7-12 are invited to attend the Upper School Bible Study on Tuesday mornings, from 7:45-8:15 a.m. in M-202/204. This is open to both girls and guys and will be led by a senior.
SCACS Lower School Fine Arts Festival – March 2
- This Friday, March 2, is the SCACS Lower School Fine Arts Festival held at Hampton Park. Due to the Festival, there will be no school or child care. Students who are participating in the Festival must be in the care of an adult for the entire day.
- Lunch tickets may be purchased (cash or check only) in the school office now through Wednesday, February 28, for $4.00 per lunch. Lunch includes pizza, two sides, and a beverage.
- The dress for the students involved in the SCACS Festival is as follows:
- Boys – black or navy dress pants, white shirts, and dark dress shoes
- Girls – black or navy skirts, white tops, and dark dress shoes
Junior-Senior Banquet Dress Check
Junior-Senior Banquet Dress Check is Monday, March 5, and Tuesday, March 6, at 3:15 p.m., with the re-check date on Monday, March 26, at 3:30 p.m. Dress Check will take place in M-202/204.
SCACS Fine Arts Rehearsal – Public Invited
You are invited to attend the SCACS Fine Arts Rehearsal on Thursday, March 8, at 7:00 p.m., in the Main Auditorium. The Upper School students who are involved in SCACS Fine Arts and will be competing in Columbia are required to attend this rehearsal. The SCACS Fine Arts Festival takes place in Columbia on March 15-16.
SCACS Upper School Fine Arts Festival – March 15-16
- Permission forms for Upper School students attending the SCACS Fine Arts Festival on March 15-16 are on RenWeb under WebForms. The lunch count must be turned in by Thursday, March 8, so students registering after the deadline of March 8 will have to pack a lunch.
- The schedule of events that will take place on Thursday and Friday is located on the permission form. A running schedule and information sheet will be posted as soon as it is available from SCACS.
- Transportation information is also located on the permission form. Please note that a student may not drive another student to the Festival. Details about when the buses will depart and return to campus will be posted on the running schedule and information sheet.
Information is going home with Lower School students today about a special author visit on March 14, at 2:00 p.m. Hampton Park parent and author, Katie Cruice Smith, will visit our school for a fun reading of her new book, Why Did You Choose Me? Parents are invited to the Collins Auditorium to attend this special visit. Books orders need to be returned to homeroom teachers by March 9.
Panthers in Action
Tuesday, February 27
- Boys Baseball @ Greenville Tech Brasier 6:00 (Old Greenville Braves Stadium, 840 Mauldin Road, Greenville, SC 29607)
Friday and Saturday, March 2-3
- Varsity Girls Soccer @ BJU Tournament
Tuesday, March 6
- Boys Baseball vs. Greenville Homeschool 4:00
- MS Girls Soccer @ Spartanburg Prep 4:30
Thursday, March 8
- Varsity Girls Soccer vs. Westgate 4:00
Friday, March 9
- MS Girls Soccer @ BJA 4:00
- Varsity Girls Soccer @ Lake Pointe 5:00
- Boys Baseball vs. Eagle Ridge 4:00
Important Dates for 2018-2019
First Day of School (Grades 1-12) – August 14
First Day of School (K4/K5) – August 16
Teacher’s Convention – September 27-28
|Wednesday, 2/28||Thursday, 3/1||Friday, 3/2||Monday, 3/5||Tuesday, 3/6|
|Sliced ham, green beans, hash brown casserole, salad, roll||Pepperoni or cheese pizza, salad or yogurt||No School or Child Care||Chicken tenders, mashed potatoes, buttered carrots, cole slaw, biscuit||Smorgasbord Lunch – chicken, burgers, hot dogs, casseroles, sandwiches, wraps and more!|
|March 2||SCACS Lower School Fine Arts Festival – No School or Child Care|
|March 2-3||Varsity Girls Soccer Tournament at BJU|
|March 5||Jr/Sr Dress Check|
|March 5||Jr/Sr Banquet Work Night|
|March 8||SCACS Rehearsal – Public Invited – Grades 7-12; 7:00 p.m. Main Auditorium|
|March 14||End of 3rd Grading Period|
|March 15-16||SCACS Upper School Fine Arts Festival|
|March 19||Jr/Sr Banquet Work Night|
|March 20||Spring Pictures|
|March 20-23||6th Grade Williamsburg Trip|
|March 21||Report Cards|
|March 26||Jr/Sr Dress Recheck|
|March 27||K5 Graduation Pictures|
|March 27||Band Concert (Grades 5-12)|
|March 28||Senior Graduation Pictures|
|March 30||Easter Vacation – No School or Child Care|
|April 2-6||Easter Vacation – No School or Child Care|
|April 9||School Resumes|
|April 10-12||AACS Fine Arts Festival|
|April 13||Senior Parent Dinner|
|April 16-20||Achievement Testing (Grades K5-12)|
|April 18||Special Olympics at Furman (Grades 9-12)|
|April 20||Early Dismissal (Grades 1-12 at 11:30 a.m., K4/K5 regular time)|
|April 20||Jr/Sr Banquet|
|April 24||Mid-Quarter Reports (Grades 4-12)|
|April 26||Class Meeting (Grade 10)|
|April 26||Upper School Spring Concert (Grades 7-12; 7:00 p.m. Main Auditorium)|
|April 27-28||SCACS Spring Soccer Tournament|
|April 30-May 4||Library Used Book Sale|