SCACS Rehearsal – Thursday, March 8
All parents are invited to attend the SCACS Rehearsal on Thursday, March 8, in the Main Auditorium, and are welcome to come and go throughout the evening. This program is a rehearsal for the competition held in Columbia on March 15-16. Participating students only need to be at school while their ensemble is performing and should wait in the auditorium watching other ensembles until their group’s performance time. Parents, please pick up students in grades 7-8 by 8:00 p.m. Students should come in school dress unless instructed otherwise. The rehearsal is as follows:
- 6:45 Band arrives
- 7:00 Upper School Band – Grades 7-12
- 7:30 Middle School Choir and Small Ensembles
- 7:45 High School Choir arrives
- 8:00 High School Choirs and Ensembles
- 8:30 Speech
Friday, March 9, is declared a Spirit Day to support our girls soccer teams! Upper School students may wear jeans or athletic pants and Connection Week shirts. Our MS Girls Soccer team will play at BJA at 4:00 p.m. and our Varsity Girls Soccer team will play at home against Lake Pointe at 4:30 p.m. Plan to attend one of the games and cheer on our Panthers!
SCACS Upper School Fine Arts Festival – March 15-16
- Permission forms for students attending SCACS on March 15-16 are due by Thursday, March 8. The lunch count must be turned in that day, so students registering after the deadline will have to pack a lunch.
- The schedule of events that will take place on Thursday and Friday is located on the permission form. A running schedule and information sheet will be posted this week.
- Transportation information is also located on the permission form. Please note that a student may not drive another student to the Festival. Details about when the buses will depart and return to campus will be posted on the running schedule and information sheet.
Upper School Bible Study
Students in grades 7-12 are invited to attend the Upper School Bible Study on Tuesday mornings, from 7:45-8:15 a.m. in M-202/204. This is open to both girls and guys and will be led by a senior.
Hampton Park parent and author, Katie Cruice Smith, will visit our school on March 14, at 2:00 p.m., for a fun reading of her new book, Why Did You Choose Me? Parents are invited to the Collins Auditorium to attend this special visit. Books orders need to be returned to homeroom teachers by March 9.
Spring pictures will be taken on Tuesday, March 20. Information is going home today.
Spring Break is Friday, March 30, through Friday, April 6. There will be no school or child care on these days.
Used Uniform Sale
Has your 9th grader grown three inches this year and outgrown his uniform shirts? Has your daughter misplaced all of her hoodies? Would you like to purchase some “new to you” items for just $1 each? The Lost and Found Uniform Sale is the place to shop! The Lost and Found Uniform Sale will be held in the Reference Room (M-118) at the following times:
- Monday, April 23, 2:30-4:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 24, 8:30-9:15 a.m.
- Tuesday, April 24, 2:30-4:00 p.m.
Panthers in Action
Tuesday, March 6
- MS Girls Soccer @ Spartanburg Prep 4:30
Thursday, March 8
- Varsity Girls Soccer vs. Westgate 4:00
Friday, March 9
- MS Girls Soccer @ BJA 4:00
- Varsity Girls Soccer vs. Lake Pointe 4:30
- Boys Baseball @ Eagle Ridge 5:00
Saturday, March 10
- Boys Baseball @ Anderson Cavs 1:00
Monday, March 12
- Boys Baseball vs. Shannon Forest 4:30
Tuesday, March 13
- MS Girls Soccer @ Mitchell Road 4:00
- Varsity Girls Soccer vs. Oakwood 4:30
Chess Club Tournament Results
Thirteen of our Chess Club students competed in the 2018 SC Scholastic Chess Championship on Saturday, March 3, for our first chess tournament!
- Braden Schley tied for 3rd place in the Middle School division.
- Braden Schley was the 7th grade co-champion!
- Hampton Park tied for 3rd place out of 25 schools in the elementary division – with Kaiden Ross, Jenny Rose Springer, Spencer Burke, Ella Schley and Tyler Weinmueller.
- Hampton Park finished 6th out of 24 schools in the middle school division.
- Hampton Park finished 11th out of 25 schools in the primary section – with Amaris Rodriguez, Adalyn Schley, and Mary Cate Springer.
- Hampton Park finished 9th out of 16 in the high school section – with Jake Schley and Camden Gearhart.
It’s not too late to re-enroll on-line. Go to RenWeb under the Family Information Tab and select “enrollment/re-enrollment.”
Important Dates for 2018-2019
First Day of School (Grades 1-12) – August 14
First Day of School (K4/K5) – August 16
Teacher’s Convention – September 27-28
|Wednesday, 3/7||Thursday, 3/8||Friday, 3/9||Monday, 3/12||Tuesday, 3/13|
|Hot dogs, French fries, salad||Bacon or cheese pizza, salad or yogurt||Chili, cornbread, toppings||Southwest chicken wrap, chips & salsa, apple slices||Salad bar, dessert|
|March 8||SCACS Rehearsal – Public Invited – Grades 7-12; 7:00 p.m. Main Auditorium|
|March 14||End of 3rd Grading Period|
|March 15-16||SCACS Upper School Fine Arts Festival|
|March 19||Jr/Sr Banquet Work Night|
|March 20||Spring Pictures|
|March 20-23||6th Grade Williamsburg Trip|
|March 21||Report Cards|
|March 26||Jr/Sr Dress Recheck|
|March 27||K5 Graduation Pictures|
|March 27||Band Concert (Grades 5-12)|
|March 28||Senior Graduation Pictures|
|March 30||Easter Vacation – No School or Child Care|
|April 2-6||Easter Vacation – No School or Child Care|
|April 9||School Resumes|
|April 10-12||AACS Fine Arts Festival|
|April 13||Senior Parent Dinner|
|April 16-20||Achievement Testing (Grades K5-12)|
|April 18||Special Olympics at Furman (Grades 9-12)|
|April 20||Early Dismissal (Grades 1-12 at 11:30 a.m., K4/K5 regular time)|
|April 20||Jr/Sr Banquet|
|April 24||Mid-Quarter Reports (Grades 4-12)|
|April 26||Class Meeting (Grade 10)|
|April 26||Upper School Spring Concert (Grades 7-12; 7:00 p.m. Main Auditorium)|
|April 27-28||SCACS Spring Soccer Tournament|
|April 30-May 4||Library Used Book Sale|
|May 1||Junior Parent Meeting (7:00 p.m.)|
|May 4-5||SCACS Baseball Tournament|
|May 6-12||Senior Trip|
|May 7-25||No Cuts (Grades 7-12)|
|May 17||Field Day (Grades 4-6)|
|May 17||Kindergarten Graduation (7:00 p.m.; Main Auditorium)|
|May 18||Field Day (Grades 1-3)|
|May 18||Last Day of Kindergarten|
|May 18||Last Day of Child Care|
|May 21||Field Day Rain Date (Grades 4-6)|
|May 22||Field Day Rain Date (Grades 1-3)|
|May 21-22||Exams (Grades 9-12)|
Early Dismissal (Grades 1-12 dismiss at 11:30 a.m.)
|May 23||Lower School Awards Program|
(9:15 a.m. Main Auditorium)
Early Dismissal (Grades 1-12 dismiss at 11:00 a.m.)
|May 24||Records Day – No School|
|May 25||Lower School Report Cards (8:30 a.m.)|
|May 25||Upper School Awards Program and Report Cards (8:45 a.m.)|
|May 25||Graduation Rehearsal (11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.)|
|May 25||Commencement (7:00 p.m. Main Auditorium)|