Library Used Book Sale
Keep sending in your books for the Library Used Book Sale! The sale will be held in the Library on May 7-11.
Spring Concert – Thursday, April 26, 7:00 p.m.
Please join us for the Upper School Spring Concert featuring many of the students in grades 7-12 who competed at the SCACS Fine Arts Festival and the AACS National Fine Arts Festival. Additionally, art by students who competed will be on display in the lobby. The concert is Thursday, April 26, at 7:00 p.m., in the Main Auditorium. All school families are invited to attend.
Drama Auditions will take place on Tuesday and Wednesday, May 8-9, from 3:30-5:30 p.m. in the Collins Auditorium. Students in grades 8-11 who are interested in speaking parts or working on the stage crew should plan to attend one of the auditions. Students may drop by anytime between 3:30 and 5:30 p.m.
Outdoor Band Concert
The Outdoor Band Concert is scheduled for Wednesday, May 16, beginning at 11:00 a.m., at the Main Building Portico. The concert will begin with the 5th and 6th grade bands and at noon will be followed by the Junior High and High School bands. Feel free to bring your lunch and a blanket or lawn chair.
If your child participated in a sport in the 2017-2018 school year, please mark your calendar for Friday, May 18, to attend the Sports Banquet. Details will be coming out soon!
Panthers in Action
Students who are interested in trying out for the following sports must have current Pre-Participation Athletic Forms on file in the office. The blank forms are on RenWeb under Resource Documents and additional forms are in the office.
- The Cross Country Interest Meeting will be held on Wednesday, May 2, from 3:30-4:00 p.m., in M-209, for students in grades 5-11 and their parents who would like to learn more about Cross Country.
- JV/Varsity Girls Volleyball Spring Training will be held on May 7, 8, 10, and 11, from 3:20-5:15 p.m., for girls in grades 8-11 who are interested in trying out for volleyball.
- Cross Country Tryouts will be held on Monday, May 14, through Thursday, May 17, from 3:30-4:15 p.m., for students in grades 5-11 who are interested in cross country. Students only need to attend one day in order to tryout for the sport.
- MS Girls Volleyball Tryouts for grades 5-7 will be held Tuesday through Thursday, May 15-17, from 3:30-5:00 p.m., in the gym.
2018 Summer Sports Camps
Register by May 20 to receive a discount to Hampton Park’s Soccer Camp (June 18-21) and Basketball Camp (July 16-19) for students going into grades 1-12.
- Soccer Camp – https://itsabouttime.run/hpsoccercamp
- Basketball Camp – https://itsabouttime.run/hpbasketballcamp
Friday, April 27
- Varsity Girls Soccer @ SCACS Tournament – 3:00 or 6:00 p.m.
Saturday, April 28
- Varsity Girls Soccer @ SCACS Tournament – 10:30 a.m. or 12:00 noon
- Boys Baseball vs. Anderson Cavs 1:00
Monday, April 30
- Boys Baseball vs. Eagle Ridge 4:30
Important Dates for 2018-2019
First Day of School (Grades 1-12) – August 14
First Day of School (K4/K5) – August 16
Teacher’s Convention – September 27-28
|Wednesday, 4/25||Thursday, 4/26||Friday, 4/27||Monday, 4/30||Tuesday, 5/1|
|Macaroni & cheese, chicken drumstick, green beans, biscuit||Bacon or cheese pizza, salad or yogurt||Chicken enchilada, Spanish rice, tortilla chips & salsa, salad||Grilled cheese sandwich, tomato soup, salad, lemonade||Loaded nacho bar|
|April 24||Mid-Quarter Reports (Grades 4-12)|
|April 26||Class Meeting (Grade 10)|
|April 26||Upper School Spring Concert (Grades 7-12; 7:00 p.m. Main Auditorium)|
|April 27-28||SCACS Spring Soccer Tournament|
|May 1||Junior Parent Meeting (7:00 p.m.)|
|May 4-5||SCACS Baseball Tournament|
|May 6-12||Senior Trip|
|May 7-11||Library Used Book Sale|
|May 7-25||No Cuts (Grades 7-12)|
|May 16||Outdoor Band Concert (11:00 a.m.)|
|May 17||Field Day (Grades 4-6)|
|May 17||Kindergarten Graduation (7:00 p.m.; Main Auditorium)|
|May 18||Field Day (Grades 1-3)|
|May 18||Last Day of Kindergarten|
|May 18||Last Day of Child Care|
|May 18||Sports Banquet (7:00 p.m.; MAC)|
|May 21||Field Day Rain Date (Grades 4-6)|
|May 22||Field Day Rain Date (Grades 1-3)|
|May 21-22||Exams (Grades 9-12)|
Early Dismissal (Grades 1-12 dismiss at 11:30 a.m.)
|May 23||Lower School Awards Program|
(9:15 a.m. Main Auditorium)
Early Dismissal (Grades 1-12 dismiss at 11:00 a.m.)
|May 24||Records Day – No School|
|May 25||Lower School Report Cards (8:30 a.m.)|
|May 25||Upper School Awards Program and Report Cards (8:45 a.m.)|
|May 25||Graduation Rehearsal (11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.)|
|May 25||Commencement (7:00 p.m. Main Auditorium)|