Spirit Day – Thursday, May 3
In honor and support of our Boys Baseball Team who will be going to the SCACS State Tournament on May 4-5, we will be having a Spirit Day on Thursday, May 3. Upper School students may wear jeans or athletic pants with Connection Week shirts. Wear school colors and cheer on our team! Go Panthers!
Annual Spring Recitals
You are invited to attend our Annual Spring Recitals in the Collins Auditorium at the following times:
- Pegram’s students – Thursday, May 3, 6:30 p.m.
- Penix’s students – Friday, May 4, 7:00 p.m.
- Kilpatrick’s students – Saturday, May 5, 2:00 p.m.
- Dye’s students – Saturday, May 5, 4:30 p.m.
Lost and Found
The current Lost and Found items will be available through Friday, May 4. Please take time to visit the Lost and Found in the MAC (A Building) and claim any items belonging to your family.
May the Fourth
May the 4th is International Star Wars Day and all students are invited to dress in Star Wars attire. Pull out those costumes, be creative, or wear a Star Wars t-shirt on Friday, May 4th. You may see Princess Leia, a Jedi, or Chewbacca around campus. May the 4th be with you!
Library Used Book Sale
The Library Used Book Sale will be held in the Library on Monday through Friday, May 7-11, from 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Drama Auditions will take place on Tuesday and Wednesday, May 8-9, from 3:30-5:30 p.m. in the Collins Auditorium. Students in grades 8-11 who are interested in speaking parts or working on the stage crew should plan to attend one of the auditions. Students may drop by anytime between 3:30 and 5:30 p.m.
Outdoor Band Concert
The Outdoor Band Concert is scheduled for Wednesday, May 16, beginning at 11:00 a.m., at the Main Building Portico. The concert will begin with the 5th and 6th grade bands and at noon will be followed by the Junior High and High School bands. Feel free to bring your lunch and a blanket or lawn chair.
Field Day for students in grades 4-6 takes place on Thursday, May 17, and for students in grades 1-3 on Friday, May 18. Please make a note of the following important information and changes regarding Field Day:
- If a parent or grandparent would like to eat lunch in the lunchroom with their child/grandchild, please let the child’s teacher know so that they can be included in the lunch count for that day. The menu for Thursday is bacon or cheese pizza, salad or yogurt, and a beverage. The menu for Friday is sloppy joes, baked beans, potato chips, fruit and a beverage.
- We are working to conclude the events by lunch, but will keep parents informed throughout the morning on Field Day. Students may be checked out by a parent after events conclude or may stay and complete the school day.
- This year, we will be awarding ribbons in a “closing ceremony” after the events have concluded. Therefore, field day ribbons will not be given out at the Awards Ceremony on May 23.
We invite parents and grandparents to come to Field Day and cheer on the students as they compete in various track and field events. Classes rotate from one event to another on the field so guests may want to consider bringing a lawn chair, sunblock, and water.
The Sports Banquet will be held on Friday, May 18, at 6:00 p.m. in the MAC (A Building). Students in grades 6-12 who participated in a sport in the 2017-2018 school year are invited to attend the Sports Banquet along with their parents and siblings. Tickets are on sale now and may be purchased by cash or check in the school office for $8 each. The menu includes lasagna, salad, bread, and a dessert. Purchase your ticket soon. Ticket sales will close on Tuesday, May 15.
Panthers in Action
Students who are interested in trying out for the following sports must have current Pre-Participation Athletic Forms on file in the office. The blank forms are on RenWeb under Resource Documents and additional forms are in the office.
- The Cross Country Interest Meeting will be held on Wednesday, May 2, from 3:30-4:00 p.m., in M-209, for students in grades 5-11 and their parents who would like to learn more about Cross Country.
- JV/Varsity Girls Volleyball Spring Training will be held on May 7, 8, 10, and 11, from 3:20-5:15 p.m., for girls in grades 8-11 who are interested in trying out for volleyball.
- Cross Country Tryouts will be held on Monday, May 14, through Thursday, May 17, from 3:30-4:15 p.m., for students in grades 5-11 who are interested in cross country. Students only need to attend one day in order to tryout for the sport.
- MS Girls Volleyball Tryouts for grades 5-7 will be held Tuesday through Thursday, May 15-17, from 3:30-5:00 p.m., in the gym.
Varsity Girls Basketball – Summer Camp
Girls who will be in grades 9-12 and are planning to try out for basketball next school year and invited to attend BJU’s Basketball Camp this summer with Coach Sherf. The camp takes place on June 14-16. To find out more details or to sign up, please contact Coach Sherf at email@example.com.
2018 Summer Sports Camps
It’s not too late to register for Hampton Park’s Soccer Camp (June 18-21) and Basketball Camp (July 16-19).
- Soccer Camp – https://itsabouttime.run/hpsoccercamp
- Basketball Camp – https://itsabouttime.run/hpbasketballcamp
Friday, May 4
- Boys Baseball @ SCACS Tournament – 6:00 p.m.
Saturday, May 5
- Boys Baseball @ SCACS Tournament – 11:00 a.m. or 1:00 p.m.
Handicapped Parking Spaces
Please do not park in handicapped parking spaces unless you have a disabled parking permit.
2018-2019 School Calendar
The 2018-2019 School Calendar is now on RenWeb under Resource Documents. This calendar is tentative and will be replaced by the calendar that comes out in July.
|Wednesday, 5/2||Thursday, 5/3||Friday, 5/4||Monday, 5/7||Tuesday, 5/8|
|Sliced ham, hash brown casserole, green beans, coleslaw, roll||Sausage or cheese pizza, salad or yogurt||Almost Cinco de Mayo – Southwest chicken wrap, chips and salsa, salad||Warm turkey and provolone on pretzel roll, chips, fruit||Pasta bar – meatballs, alfredo or red sauce, breadstick, dessert|
|May 1||Junior Parent Meeting (7:00 p.m.)|
|May 4-5||SCACS Baseball Tournament|
|May 6-12||Senior Trip|
|May 7-11||Library Used Book Sale|
|May 7-25||No Cuts (Grades 7-12)|
|May 16||Outdoor Band Concert (11:00 a.m.)|
|May 17||Field Day (Grades 4-6)|
|May 17||Kindergarten Graduation (7:00 p.m.; Main Auditorium)|
|May 18||Field Day (Grades 1-3)|
|May 18||Last Day of Kindergarten|
|May 18||Last Day of Child Care|
|May 18||Sports Banquet (6:00 p.m.; MAC)|
|May 21||Field Day Rain Date (Grades 4-6)|
|May 22||Field Day Rain Date (Grades 1-3)|
|May 21-22||Exams (Grades 9-12)|
Early Dismissal (Grades 1-12 dismiss at 11:30 a.m.)
|May 23||Lower School Awards Program|
(9:15 a.m. Main Auditorium)
Early Dismissal (Grades 1-12 dismiss at 11:00 a.m.)
|May 24||Records Day – No School|
|May 25||Lower School Report Cards (8:30 a.m.)|
|May 25||Upper School Awards Program and Report Cards (8:45 a.m.)|
|May 25||Graduation Rehearsal (11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.)|
|May 25||Commencement (7:00 p.m. Main Auditorium)|