School Picture Day
School picture day was today. If you have not already done so, pictures may be ordered online at www.mylifetouch.com using Picture Day ID: NR508004Q0. Photos are satisfaction guaranteed – Life Touch will retake your child’s portraits or return for a full refund if you are not satisfied. Picture retakes will be on September 18.
On Wednesday, August 22, at 3:20 p.m., Mrs. Phillips will be meeting with Upper School students who are interested in participating in Speech this year. Come to the Reference Room (M118) to find out more about this program. The meeting will last no longer than thirty minutes.
Connection Week for Upper School students begins on Monday, August 27, and continues through Friday, August 31. Connection Week is time at the beginning of the school year for our students and faculty to connect with one another, God, and the community.
- Students may wear activity wear each day – shorts with at least a 6-inch inseam, jeans, capris, and t-shirts are allowed; no leggings please. Dress in your team color!
- Students should wear dark clothing on Thursday, August 30, for the afternoon water activities. Students should expect to be wet when they head home, so may want to bring a towel and flip flops.
- Lunch on Wednesday will be provided for all Upper School students at no charge, but students may want to bring a lunch or order from the cafeteria on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday.
- Miracle Hill Community Service Activity
- Upper School students are encouraged to bring school supplies to donate for packing the backpacks for Miracle Hill.
The Pantherbots is a weekly club designed to inspire students interested in robotics. Students will learn teamwork, problem solving, critical thinking, and communication. The club will meet on Wednesdays after school until 5:00 p.m. for five months at a cost of $30 per month. If your student in grade 5-12 is interested in trying out for the team, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for registering is Monday, August 27.
Upper School Drop/Add
Upper School Drop/Add period continues through Tuesday, August 28. Drop/Add forms are located in the school office.
Early Dismissal – Friday, August 31
Due to the change in the Connection Week schedule, students will now dismiss on Friday, August 31, at 11:30 a.m. Child Care will still be available from 11:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. and students are able to purchase lunch from the cafeteria. However, the lunch room needs a lunch count in order to know how many to expect. Please let your child’s homeroom teacher know by Thursday, August 30, if your child will get lunch on Friday. The menu will be turkey or ham wrap, chips, and fruit.
Chess Club is a weekly club for students in grades 1-12 who want to improve critical thinking, problem solving and creativity through the game of chess. The club meets on Wednesday afternoons from 3:20-4:30 p.m. during September through November and February through April at a cost of $50 per semester. The cost includes one tournament in the fall and two tournaments in the spring. Interested students should complete the application. Applications are located on RenWeb under Resource Documents or in the school office. Submit your application to the school office by Friday, August 31. Please email email@example.com if you have additional questions.
Moms In Prayer
Moms in Prayer meets every Tuesday at 1:00 p.m., in M-202/204. All ladies are welcome to join this prayer group!
Panthers in Action
If your child is a student on a team, use this link to enter the GroupMe team chats. Parents can download the “GroupMe” App and sign up for each of your child’s teams.
Tuesday, August 21
- MS Girls Volleyball vs. Greenville Homeschool 4:30
- MS Boys Soccer @ Spartanburg Day 6:00 (1701 Skylyn Drive, Spartanburg, SC 29307)
- JV Girls Volleyball vs. Greenville Homeschool 5:30
- Varsity Girls Volleyball vs. Greenville Homeschool 6:30
Friday, August 24
- MS Girls Volleyball vs. St. Mary’s 4:00
- MS Boys Soccer vs. Shannon Forest 4:15
- JV Girls Volleyball @ Westgate 4:00 (1990 Old Reidville Road, Spartanburg, SC 29301)
- Varsity Boys Soccer @ Westgate 4:30
- Varsity Girls Volleyball @ Westgate 5:00
Saturday, August 25
- Cross Country Meet @ Spring Water Run – Williamston, SC – 8:30 a.m.
Monday, August 27
- Varsity Boys Soccer vs. Faculty-Staff 3:45
Tuesday, August 28
- MS Girls Volleyball vs. Southside 4:00
Tuesday Moms run copies, cut and paste, hang artwork, laminate posters, sort and file, run errands and more for our teachers. If you are interested in volunteering on Tuesdays, come by the office to obtain and fill out background check information. You can help every Tuesday, occasional Tuesdays, partial Tuesdays or whatever works for your schedule. Volunteering is also a great way to get to know the teachers and other volunteers.
Support Our School
Boxtops for Education, Amazon, Ingles, Publix and Lowe’s Food are all resources for our school to receive cash rewards.
- Boxtops for Education – may be sent in to your child’s teacher any time.
- Amazon – Use this link when you shop at Amazon and Hampton Park will receive a percentage of the purchase. The link is also on the HPCS website under “Resources” and “Support Our School.”
- Publix – New this year, to sign up for Publix, use the Publix Partners website, select our school, then sign up. At check out, simply enter your phone number.
- Ingles – Ingles Advantage Cards must be individually linked to HPCS in order for a portion of your purchases to be designated. Please visit the program website at https://www.ingles-markets.com/toolsforschools/ to register your card. Our school ID is 11303.
- Lowe’s Food Card – With your Lowe’s Food Card, go to http://www.lowesfoods.com/back-2-school-archive/ and under the “Cart to Class” tab, click on the “link your school to your card” and enroll. From here, you will enter your card information and choose HPCS from a pull down menu.
Do Not Publish
Hampton Park Christian School may include photos of students, teachers, and school activities on its website, social media pages, and in school promotional materials. Though names of faculty, staff, and administration will regularly be published, full names of students will not. If you choose to deny permission for your child to be included in photos, please go to RenWeb under “Resource Documents” and select the Do Not Publish Form. These forms should be turned in to the school office.
|Wednesday, 8/22||Thursday, 8/23||Friday, 8/24||Monday, 8/27||Tuesday, 8/28|
|Spaghetti and meat sauce, garden salad, breadstick||Sausage or cheese pizza, garden salad or yogurt||Shepherd’s pie, garden salad, yogurt parfait||Sloppy joes, potato chips, veggies with ranch dressing, cookie||Southwest chicken, brown rice burrito bowl, fruit|
|August 27-31||Connection Week (Grades 7-12)|
|September 3||Labor Day – No School or Child Care|
|September 13||Mid-Quarter Reports (Grades 4-12)|
|September 14-15||Providence Soccer/Volleyball Tournament|
|September 17-18||Senior Character Shots|
|September 19||Honor Society Induction Rehearsal (3:00 p.m. – Main Auditorium)|
|September 20||Honor Society Induction (10:20 a.m. – Main Auditorium)|
|September 25||College Meeting (7:00 p.m. – M202/204)|
|September 27-28||Teacher’s Convention – No School or Child Care|
|October 2-5||Fall Book Sale|
|October 10||PSAT (Required for sophomores)|
|October 13||Cross Country State Meet|
|October 16||End of 1st Grading Period|
|October 18||Lower School Conferences|
(No K4/K5 classes; Grades 1-6 dismiss at 11:30 a.m.; Grades 7-12 full day)
|October 18||Senior Carnival Set Up|
(No K4/K5 classes; Grades 1-12 dismiss at 11:30 a.m.)
|October 19||Senior Carnival (11:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.)|
|October 19||Report Cards|
|October 26-27||SCACS Soccer/Volleyball Tournament|
|October 31-November 1||BJ Festival|