Parents of students in grades 9-12, please be reminded of the College Meeting tonight (Tuesday, September 25) at 7:00 p.m. in M-202/204. Please enter through the doors between the Panther Doors and the Main Auditorium.
Teacher’s Convention – September 27-28
There will be no school or child care on Thursday or Friday, September 27-28.
The school office will be closing at noon on Friday, September 28.
Lost and Found
Lost and Found is located in the MAC (A Building) and is overflowing with shirts, hoodies, lunchboxes, water bottles, shoes, and more. Please take time to claim items belonging to your family before Lost and Found items are donated. Friday, September 28, is the final day to claim the current items.
Students in grades 1-4 (not already in Chess Club) who are interested in learning about the game of chess, the names of the pieces, and how they move, should consider signing up for Chess Camp. Chess Camp will be held on October 15-17, from 3:15-4:15 p.m. for $20 and includes a chess set. Registration forms were sent home today and should be returned to your child’s homeroom teacher or the school office with cash only. The registration deadline is October 8.
Fall Book Sale
The Usborne Book Fair is October 2-5. Parents are welcome to drop by the library from 12:00-3:30 p.m. to look at catalogues, visit the Usborne display, and view the teachers’ wish lists. Hampton Park will receive 50% of all sales toward free books! Orders may be placed online or in the school library as follows:
To place an order online:
- Go to frontdoorbookstore.com
- Click on shop.
- Click on Hampton Park – so our school gets credit for your order.
- Sales tax will be applied to your order online.
- View books – order online – pay online (shipping is $6 for orders up to $75. Orders over $75 have an 8% shipping fee.).
To place an order at school:
- Complete a wish list (sent home to students or in the library).
- Please include sales tax with your order.
- Checks made payable to Usborne Books/Cash must be exact or rounded up (no change can be given).
- No shipping will be charged on orders placed at school and will be delivered to Hampton Park.
- Books ordered through school will arrive within 3-4 weeks and be distributed to students.
- If you have books intended to be a present, please mark it clearly when ordering and you will be notified when orders arrive at school.
All orders need to be in by Tuesday, October 9.
SCACS Fine Arts – Lower School Speech Information
The Speech Information forms were sent home today to students in grades 2-6. Students who would like to try out for a speech category should memorize the speech on the back of the form (also located on RenWeb under Resource Documents). Speech run-offs will be held on November 13.
Panthers in Action
Tuesday, September 25
- MS Girls Volleyball @ Mitchell Road Christian 4:00 (207 Mitchell Road, Greenville, SC 29615)
- MS Boys Soccer @ Mitchell Road Christian 4:00
- JV Girls Volleyball vs. Westgate 4:00
- Varsity Boys Soccer vs. Westgate 4:30
- Varsity Girls Volleyball vs. Westgate 5:00
Thursday, September 27
- Cross Country Meet @ Walnut Grove Christian School 5:00 (14830 Choate Circle, Charlotte, NC 28273)
Saturday, September 29
- Varsity Volleyball @ Blazer Blast (Xcel Sports Plex, 37 Maxwell Drive, Hendersonville, NC 28732 Exit 44 off I-26)
Monday, October 1
- MS Girls Volleyball @ St. Joe’s 4:00 (100 St. Joseph’s Drive, Greenville, SC 29607)
- Cross Country @ Oconee Christian 5:00 (150 His Way Circle, Seneca, SC 29672)
Tuesday, October 2
- JV Girls Volleyball vs. Oakwood 4:00
- Varsity Boys Soccer vs. Oakwood 4:30
- Varsity Girls Volleyball vs. Oakwood 5:00
Senior Trip Fundraising – Papa Johns Coupon Books
Chick fil-A chicken biscuits sales are just one of the ways the seniors raise money for their Senior Trip. Every purchase from concessions at Hampton Park home games, participating at Senior Carnival on October 19, attending Soccer Camp (November 5, 7, and 8) or Basketball Camp (February 19-21) helps support our seniors. Additionally, the seniors are selling Papa Johns Coupon Books for $10 each. The book includes a coupon for a free pizza which pays for the coupon book! Look for a Senior (or Band Member) or pick up a Papa Johns Coupon Book in the school office. Please pay in cash.
|Wednesday, 9/26||Thursday, 9/27||Friday, 9/28||Monday, 10/1||Tuesday, 10/2|
|Chicken noodle soup, salad, crusty bread||No school or|
|No school or|
|Beef stroganoff, green beans, coleslaw, dinner roll||Smorgasbord: chicken enchilada, corn dogs, fried chicken, mashed potatoes, sandwiches, vegetables and more|
|September 25||College Meeting (7:00 p.m. – M202/204)|
|September 27-28||Teacher’s Convention – No School or Child Care|
|October 2||Senior Pictures|
|October 2-5||Fall Book Sale|
|October 10||PSAT (Required for sophomores)|
|October 13||Cross Country State Meet|
|October 15-17||Chess Camp (Grades 1-4)|
|October 16||Senior Pictures – Rain Date|
|October 16||End of 1st Grading Period|
|October 18||Lower School Conferences|
(No K4/K5 classes; Grades 1-6 dismiss at 11:30 a.m.; Grades 7-12 full day)
|October 19||Conferences (No K4/K5 classes; Grades 1-12 dismiss at 11:30 a.m.)|
|October 19||Senior Carnival (11:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.)|
|October 19||Report Cards|
|October 26-27||SCACS Soccer/Volleyball Tournament|
|October 31-November 1||BJ Festival|
|November 5, 7, 8||Lower School Soccer Camp (Grades 3-6)|
|November 6||Election Day (No School or Child Care)|
|November 9||Lower School Soccer Camp (Rain Date)|
|November 16||Thanksgiving Lunch/Upper School Service Day|
|November 16-17||Providence Basketball Tournament|
|November 19||Mid-Quarter Reports (Grades 4-12)|
|November 20||Spelling Bees (Grades 2-3; 9:00 a.m./Grades 4-6; 1:30 p.m.)|
|November 21-23||Thanksgiving Break|
|November 29-December 1||Drama Production|