Students in grades 1-4 (not already in Chess Club) who are interested in learning about the game of chess, the names of the pieces, and how they move, should consider signing up for Chess Camp. Chess Camp will be held on October 15-17, from 3:15-4:15 p.m. for $20 and includes a chess set. Registration forms may be returned to a child’s homeroom teacher or dropped off in the school office with cash payments only. The registration deadline is October 8.
Chick fil-A Chicken Biscuits
On Tuesday, October 9, the Senior Class will be stationed at all of the regular drop-off locations on campus selling Chick fil-A chicken biscuits from 7:30-8:20 a.m. for $3 each.
Fall Book Sale
The Usborne Book Fair is October 2-5. Parents are welcome to drop by the library from 12:00-3:30 p.m. to look at catalogues, visit the Usborne display, and view the teachers’ wish lists. Hampton Park will receive 50% of all sales toward free books! Orders may be placed online (www.frontdoorbookstore.com) or in the school library. All orders need to be in by Tuesday, October 9.
Poll Workers Training
Students who are 16 and above are invited to work the Election Day Polls for the Tuesday, November 6 General Election. A training class will be held at Hampton Park in M202/204 on Wednesday, October 10, from 3:30-6:30 p.m. Students may register online for the class at www.greenvillecounty.org/voterregistration. Students are paid for working the polls and may obtain more information from the school office.
Grades 1-6 will have early dismissal on Thursday, October 18, at 11:30 a.m., and grades 1-12 will have early dismissal on Friday, October 19, at 11:30 a.m. There will be no K4 or K5 classes on these days.
Senior Carnival is Friday, October 19, from 11:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Lunch tickets (pizza, chips and drink) are $4 and game tickets are $2. Seniors will begin collecting preorders for lunch and tickets on Wednesday, October 10. Since this is a half day, Lower School students will need to have adult supervision at the Carnival or they may stay for late stay and be charged accordingly. Be watching for more information about this fun event!
Lunch Room Recipe Contest
The lunchroom is having a Bowl Recipe Contest for the month of October. If you have a favorite food bowl and you want to submit it for the contest, email Mrs. MacMillan (firstname.lastname@example.org). The student who submits the winning recipe will have the recipe named after him and will receive a free lunch that day. The contest deadline is October 31.
Panthers in Action
Please note that Carolina Middle School Conference (CMSC) games will be announced when available.
Tuesday, October 2
- JV Girls Volleyball vs. Oakwood 4:00
- Varsity Boys Soccer vs. Oakwood 4:30
- Varsity Girls Volleyball vs. Oakwood 5:00
Friday, October 5
- Varsity Boys Soccer @ Lake Pointe 4:30 (5670 Oakridge, Clover, SC 29710)
- JV Girls Volleyball @ Lake Pointe 4:30 (Lake Wylie Christian Academy, 5766 Charlotte Highway, Lake Wylie, SC 29710)
- Varsity Girls Volleyball @ Lake Pointe 5:30
Saturday, October 6
- Cross Country @ Race for Life – Travelers Rest 9:00
Monday, October 8
- QUARTERFINAL – MS Boys Soccer @ Mitchell Road Christian 5:00 – if we win, we play on Thursday at 5:30
Tuesday, October 9
- PLAY-IN – MS Girls Volleyball at Our Lady of the Rosary (2 James Drive, Greenville, SC 29604) playing St. Joes 4:00 – if we win, (QUARTERFINAL) we play Our Lady of the Rosary at 5:00
- Varsity Girls Volleyball vs. Oconee 5:00
- Varsity Boys Soccer vs. Oconee 5:00
Thursday, October 11
- MS Boys Soccer – if we win on Monday, October 8, we will play at the CMSC tournament at Mitchell Road Christian at 5:00 – if we win, we continue on Friday, October 12.
Students who plan to try out for a basketball team must have Pre-Participation Athletic Forms Part 1 and 2 on file in the office. Forms are on RenWeb under Resource Documents or in the school office.
Young children benefit from speech-language screenings, just as they benefit from hearing or vision screenings. For the next several Fridays, Deborah Broughton, a licensed Speech-Language Pathologist, will be on campus providing screenings for students in K4 and K5, as well as any students in grades 1-12 as requested by a parent or teacher. Information will be going home to parents regarding the screening, or you are welcome to contact Ms. Broughton at email@example.com.
Senior Trip Fundraising – Papa Johns Coupon Books
The seniors are selling Papa Johns Coupon Books for $10 each. The book includes a coupon for a free pizza which pays for the coupon book! Look for a Senior (or Band Member) or pick up a Papa Johns Coupon Book in the school office. Please pay in cash.
Support Our School
Boxtops for Education, Amazon, Ingles, Publix and Lowe’s Food are all resources for our school to receive cash rewards. Consider participating in one of these ways to Support Our School:
- Boxtops for Education – may be sent in to your child’s teacher any time.
- Amazon – Use this link when you shop at Amazon and Hampton Park will receive a percentage of the purchase. The link is also on the HPCS website under “Resources” and “Support Our School.”
- Publix – New this year, to sign up for Publix, use the Publix Partners website, select our school, then sign up. At check out, simply enter your phone number.
- Ingles – Ingles Advantage Cards must be individually linked to HPCS in order for a portion of your purchases to be designated. Please visit the program website at https://www.ingles-markets.com/toolsforschools/ to register your card. Our school ID is 11303.
- Lowe’s Food Card – With your Lowe’s Food Card, go to http://www.lowesfoods.com/back-2-school-archive/ and under the “Cart to Class” tab, click on the “link your school to your card” and enroll. From here, you will enter your card information and choose HPCS from a pull down menu.
|Wednesday, 10/3||Thursday, 10/4||Friday, 10/5||Monday, 10/8||Tuesday, 10/9|
|BBQ sandwich, baked beans, coleslaw, potato chips||Pepperoni or cheese pizza, salad or yogurt||Chicken pot pie, salad, yogurt parfait||Chicken tenders, mashed potatoes and gravy, buttered carrots, biscuit||Taco bar, chips & salsa, dessert|
|October 2-5||Fall Book Sale|
|October 10||PSAT (Required for sophomores)|
|October 13||Cross Country State Meet|
|October 15-17||Chess Camp (Grades 1-4)|
|October 16||End of 1st Grading Period|
|October 18||Lower School Conferences|
(No K4/K5 classes; Grades 1-6 dismiss at 11:30 a.m.; Grades 7-12 full day)
|October 19||Conferences (No K4/K5 classes; Grades 1-12 dismiss at 11:30 a.m.)|
|October 19||Senior Carnival (11:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.)|
|October 19||Report Cards|
|October 26-27||SCACS Soccer/Volleyball Tournament|
|October 31-November 1||BJ Festival|
|November 5, 7, 8||Lower School Soccer Camp (Grades 3-6)|
|November 6||Election Day (No School or Child Care)|
|November 9||Lower School Soccer Camp (Rain Date)|
|November 16||Thanksgiving Lunch/Upper School Service Day|
|November 16-17||Providence Basketball Tournament|
|November 19||Mid-Quarter Reports (Grades 4-12)|
|November 20||Spelling Bees (Grades 2-3; 9:00 a.m./Grades 4-6; 1:30 p.m.)|
|November 21-23||Thanksgiving Break|
|November 29-December 1||Drama Production|