Poll Workers Training – Moved to Wednesday, October 17
Due to low registration, the Poll Workers Training Class has been moved to Wednesday, October 17, from 3:30-6:30 p.m. Students who are 16 and above are invited to work the Election Day Polls for the Tuesday, November 6 General Election. The training class will be held at Hampton Park in M-212 and can only take place if at least 10 students register to attend. Students must attend a training class in order to work the polls. Please register as soon as possible at www.greenvillecounty.org/voterregistration as follows:
- Select Poll Worker Training Class Registration
- Enter the training type “student”
- Enter your last name, date of birth, and last four digits of your Social Security Number
- Type the password “young.”
- Finally select “login.”
Spirit Day – Friday, October 12
We will be having a Spirit Day on Friday, October 12, as a send-off for our Cross Country Team competing at the State Meet on Saturday. Dress out and show your support!
- Lower School students are encouraged to wear the new class Spirit Day shirts.
- Upper School students may wear jeans or athletic pants with Connection Week shirts.
Lower School students will dismiss at 11:30 a.m. on Thursday and Friday, October 18-19, for parent/teacher conferences. There will be no school for K4 or K5. Upper School students will have a regular schedule on October 18, and will dismiss at 11:30 a.m., on October 19. Child care will be available at 11:30 a.m. for students in grades 1-6.
Senior Carnival is Friday, October 19, from 11:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Lunch tickets (pizza, chips and drink) are $4 and game tickets are $2.
- Seniors will begin collecting preorders for lunch and game tickets on Wednesday, October 10.
- Since October 19 is a half day, Lower School students will need to have adult supervision at the Carnival, or they may stay for late stay and be charged accordingly.
Lunch Room Recipe Contest
If you have a favorite food bowl and you want to submit it for the Lunch Room Recipe Contest, email Mrs. MacMillan (firstname.lastname@example.org). The student who submits the winning recipe will have the recipe named after him and will receive a free lunch that day. The contest deadline is October 31.
Bob Jones Festival
The Bob Jones University Festival (BJ Fest) will be held October 30-November 1 for Upper School students competing in various fine arts categories. Permission Forms are on RenWeb under WebForms.
Lower School Soccer Camp
Lower School Soccer Camp will be held on Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday, November 5, 7, and 8. Students in grades 3-6 will receive details later in October.
Panthers in Action
Tuesday, October 9
- PLAY-IN – MS Girls Volleyball at Our Lady of the Rosary (2 James Drive, Greenville, SC 29604) playing Spartanburg Day 4:00
- If we win the 4:00 game, then – QUARTERFINAL – MS Girls Volleyball @ Our Lady of the Rosary 5:00
- Varsity Boys Soccer vs. Oconee 4:00
- Varsity Girls Volleyball vs. Oconee 5:00
Friday, October 12
- JV Girls Volleyball vs. Shannon Forest 4:30
- Varsity Girls Volleyball vs. Shannon Forest 5:30
Saturday, October 13
- Cross Country State Meet 2:00
Tuesday, October 16
- JV Girls Volleyball @ BJA 5:00 (1700 Wade Hampton Blvd, Greenville, SC 29614)
- Varsity Girls Volleyball @ BJA 6:00
- Varsity Boys Soccer @ BJA 7:00
Students who plan to try out for a basketball team must have Pre-Participation Athletic Forms Part 1 and 2 on file in the office. Forms are on RenWeb under Resource Documents or in the school office. Tryout dates will be posted soon!
On Friday, October 12, RenWeb will be launching a new website and rebranding the RenWeb company to the FACTS name. The attached letter explains what this means for you. This information will also be posted on RenWeb under Resource Documents.
Chess Tournament Results
Congratulations to our Chess Club for the great results at the Greenville Fall Scholastic Chess Tournament this past Saturday. The following students finished in high places:
- Spencer Burke – 5th place – K5-6th grade division
- Jaden Conner – 4th place – K5-8th grade division
- Bradon Schley – 5th place – K5-12th grade division
Senior Trip Fundraising – Papa Johns Coupon Books
The seniors are selling Papa Johns Coupon Books for $10 each. The book includes a coupon for a free pizza, which pays for the coupon book! Look for a Senior (or Band Member) or pick up a Papa Johns Coupon Book in the school office. Please pay in cash.
Support Our School – Ingles!
Do you shop at Ingles? Do you have the Ingles Advantage Card? If so, the card can be individually linked to HPCS in order for a portion of your purchases to be designed to Hampton Park. If your card was linked to Hampton Park in year’s past, at the beginning of a new school year, the card must be linked again for Hampton Park to receive credit. Go to https://www.ingles-markets.com/toolsforschools/ to register your card. Our school ID is 11303.
|Wednesday, 10/10||Thursday, 10/11||Friday, 10/12||Monday, 10/15||Tuesday, 10/16|
|Warm turkey and provolone on pretzel roll, chips, fruit||Sausage or cheese pizza, salad or yogurt||Creamy chicken and rice, green beans, salad, dinner roll||Southwest chicken wraps, chips & salsa, salad||Baked potato bar, brownie|
|October 10||PSAT (Required for sophomores)|
|October 13||Cross Country State Meet|
|October 15-17||Chess Camp (Grades 1-4)|
|October 16||End of 1st Grading Period|
|October 18||Lower School Conferences|
(No K4/K5 classes; Grades 1-6 dismiss at 11:30 a.m.; Grades 7-12 full day)
|October 19||Conferences (No K4/K5 classes; Grades 1-12 dismiss at 11:30 a.m.)|
|October 19||Senior Carnival (11:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.)|
|October 19||Report Cards|
|October 26-27||SCACS Soccer/Volleyball Tournament|
|October 31-November 1||BJ Festival|
|November 5, 7, 8||Lower School Soccer Camp (Grades 3-6)|
|November 6||Election Day (No School or Child Care)|
|November 9||Lower School Soccer Camp (Rain Date)|
|November 16||Thanksgiving Lunch/Upper School Service Day|
|November 16-17||Providence Basketball Tournament|
|November 19||Mid-Quarter Reports (Grades 4-12)|
|November 20||Spelling Bees (Grades 2-3; 9:00 a.m./Grades 4-6; 1:30 p.m.)|
|November 21-23||Thanksgiving Break|
|November 29-December 1||Drama Production|