Cheaper by the Dozen by Frank and Ernestine Gilberth
Get your tickets to the Panther Players’ presentation of Cheaper by the Dozen! Tickets are sold from 8:00-8:30 a.m. and 3:20-3:50 p.m. each school day in the Main Building (M Building) by the offices. The performances will be on Thursday, November 29, and Friday, November 30, at 7:00 p.m., and Saturday, December 1, at 2:00 p.m. Ticket prices are $7.00 for adults, $5.00 for students, and $3.00 for HPCS students. You may pay by cash or check.
Lost and Found
Friday, November 30, is the last day to look through the current Lost and Found items. Lost and Found is located in the MAC (A Building) to the left of the fireplace.
Fine Arts Runoff Registrations
The deadline to register for the fine arts events is Friday, December 7. Register as follows:
Lower School Registration
- Art – https://goo.gl/bTgCyx
- Music (Grades 1-3) – https://goo.gl/Ks3mEx
- Music (Grades 4-6) – https://goo.gl/GD7AG8
Upper School Registration
- Academic Testing – https://goo.gl/RwSbWF
- Art – https://goo.gl/Mwcxqw
- Music – https://goo.gl/jM1akJ
- Speech – Students who are interested in trying out for a Speech Category should contact Mrs. Phillips.
Our Christmas Programs will be held on December 11 (Lower School Grades 3-6), December 13 (Upper School), and December 20 (Grades K4-2). Programs begin at 7:00 p.m. in the Main Auditorium and doors open at 6:30 p.m.
- Lower School Dress Guidelines
- Girls: Christmas dresses or outfits (skirts/tops). No tennis shoes.
- Boys: Dark pants and long-sleeved shirts or sweaters. No tennis shoes.
- Upper School Dress Guidelines
- 7-8th Grade Girls: Black choir dresses or black maxi skirts with solid color top (blouse or sweater), dark tights or leggings, and dark shoes.
- 7-8th Grade Boys: Black pants, dark shoes, dark socks, and white long-sleeved shirt and a tie.
- 9-12th Grade Girls: Black choir dresses and dark shoes.
- 9-12th Grade Boys: Black pants, black bow tie, black vest, black socks, dark shoes, and white long-sleeved dress shirt or tux shirt.
Please make a note of the dismissal times for the week of December 17-21.
- K4-K5 – Dismissal on December 17-21 will be as regularly scheduled at 11:30 a.m. Please do not arrive to carline early since grades 1-6 dismiss at 11:15 a.m.
- Grades 1-6 – Early dismissal of 11:15 a.m. on December 19-21.
- Grades 7-12 – Early dismissal of 11:30 a.m. on December 19-20. Early Dismissal of 11:00 a.m. on December 21.
- There is no child care on Friday, December 21, after early dismissal.
Chinese Student Exchange Program
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in hosting a Chinese student for four weeks between January 16 and February 13 or to ask questions about the program.
Panthers in Action
Upcoming Basketball Games
Tuesday, November 27
- MS Girls @ Langston 4:00 (Greenville ARP, 741 Cleveland Street, Greenville, SC 29601)
- MS Boys @ Langston 5:15
- JV Boys vs. Thomas Jefferson 5:00
- Varsity Girls vs. Thomas Jefferson 6:00
- Varsity Boys vs. Thomas Jefferson 7:15
Monday, December 3
- MS Girls @ BJA 5:30 (1700 Wade Hampton Blvd, Greenville, SC 29614)
- MS Boys @ BJA 6:30
Tuesday, December 4
- JV Boys vs. Shannon Forest 4:00
- Varsity Girls vs. Shannon Forest 5:15
- Varsity Boys vs. Shannon Forest 6:45
Friday, December 14
- JV Girls @ BJA 4:00 (1700 Wade Hampton Blvd, Greenville, SC 29614)
- JV Boys @ BJA 5:00
- Varsity Girls @ BJA 6:15
- Varsity Boys @ BJA 7:30
Saturday, December 15
- Varsity Girls vs. Alumni 10:00
- Varsity Boys vs. Alumni 11:15
After School – Basketball Games – Late Stay
Please follow these guidelines regarding home basketball game attendance:
- Lower School – Due to DSS regulations, students in 6th grade and below must either attend late stay after school or be picked up by a parent in order to attend a home game. Lower School students may not be in the gym without supervision.
- Upper School – Students in grades 7-12 must be at late stay or in the gym by 3:40 p.m. when there is an official game. Students who are on a team should follow the direction of the coach regarding plans prior to a game.
Support Our School
Remember to do all of your Amazon shopping this holiday season through this link. This is an easy way to help our school raise money with no effort on your part other than to remember to use the link for your Amazon shopping.
|Wednesday, 11/28||Thursday, 11/29||Friday, 11/30||Monday, 12/3||Tuesday, 12/4|
|Creamy turkey noodle soup, crusty roll, side salad||Sausage or cheese pizza, salad or yogurt||Mexican lasagna, corn, tortilla chip & salsa, salad||Grilled cheese sandwich with tomato soup, salad||Taco bar, dessert|
|November 29-December 1||Drama Production|
|December 4||Drama Production – Inclement Weather Date|
|December 6||Lower School Voice Runoffs (Grades 4-6)|
|December 10-21||No Cuts (Grades 7-12)|
|December 11||Christmas Program (Grades 3-6; 7:00 p.m. Main Auditorium)|
|December 13||Upper School Christmas Program (Grades 7-12; 7:00 p.m. Main Auditorium)|
|December 19-21||Exams (Grades 7-12)|
|December 19-21||Grades 1-6 Early Dismissal – 11:15 a.m.|
|December 19-20||K4/K5 Regular Dismissal – 11:30 a.m.|
Upper School Early Dismissal – 11:30 a.m.
|December 20||Christmas Program (Grades K4-2; 7:00 p.m. Main Auditorium)|
|December 21||Christmas Vacation Begins|
Upper School Dismisses – 11:00 a.m.
Grades 1-6 Dismisses – 11:15 a.m.
K4-K5 Dismisses – 11:30 a.m.
No Child Care
|January 7||School Resumes|
|January 7||End of 2nd Grading Period|
|January 8||Second Semester Begins|
|January 11||Geography Bee (2:15 p.m. Collins Auditorium)|
|January 11||Report Cards|
|January 11||Upper School Speech Runoffs|
|January 16-18||Art Contest|
|January 17||Brass, Woodwind, Percussion, and Strings Solos and Ensembles Runoffs|
|January 18||Piano Solo and Ensemble Runoffs (Grades 1-6)|
|January 21||Martin Luther King, Jr. Day – No School or Child Care|
|January 22-25||Spirit Week|
|January 23||Homecoming Practice|
|January 24||Creative Writing and Poetry Runoffs (Grades 7-12)|
|January 25||Piano Solo and Ensemble Runoffs (Grades 7-12)|
|January 25||Vocal Solo Runoffs (Grades 7-12)|
|January – Exact Dates TBD||Academic Testing (Grades 3-12)|