Class pictures will be taken on Thursday, August 29. Be watching for details about ordering the 5 x 7 photos for $5.
Early Dismissal – August 30
On Friday, August 30, there is an early dismissal as listed below. Students who stay for Child Care should bring a lunch.
- K5 – dismiss at 11:30 a.m.
- Grades 1-6 – dismiss at 11:15 a.m.
- Grades 7-12 – dismiss at 11:30 a.m.
Labor Day – September 3
There is no school or child care on Monday, September 3.
Chick-fil-A Day – September 10
The next Chick-fil-A day is Tuesday, September 10, so mark your calendars! The senior class will be selling chicken biscuits for $3 each at all regular drop-off locations on campus from 7:30-8:20 a.m.
No Child Care – October 18
Please make a note and plan ahead, on the day of our Senior Carnival on Friday, October 18, we will NOT have Child Care. Any Lower School student who attends Senior Carnival should have adult supervision for the event.
Lower School Only
Junior Chess Club
Junior Chess Club was created especially for our students in grades 1-4 with a focus on developing solid beginner chess strategy, practicing good sportsmanship, and having fun! Junior Chess Club will take place on Monday afternoons from 3:15-4:00 p.m., from September 9-October 28. The cost for the 8-week club is $40. Details about signing up were sent home with students last week and you can find the form on FACTS/ParentsWeb under Resource Documents. Questions? Email Mrs. Schley at email@example.com. Forms are due by August 30.
Class Shirt Orders
Lower School class shirt orders are due by Friday, August 30. Use this link to place your order by Friday.
Upper School Only
Students in grades 7-12 who take a PE or Physical Fitness Class are no longer required to wear PE uniforms. Students should wear shorts with the 6-inch inseam and a t-shirt. More specific details will be given out in the PE classes.
College Parent Meeting – September 24
Parents of students in grades 9-12 are invited to attend the College Meeting on Tuesday, September 24, at 7:00 p.m., in M202/204. Plan to come to this informative meeting to find out answers to your questions and meet college representatives.
Panthers in Action
If your child is a student on a team, use this link to enter the GroupMe team chats. Parents can download the “GroupMe” App and sign up for each of your child’s teams.
Tuesday, August 27
- MS Girls Volleyball vs. MRCA 4:00
- Varsity Boys Soccer vs. BJA 5:30
Thursday, August 29
- Varsity Girls Volleyball vs. Faculty/Staff 3:45
Friday, August 30
- Varsity Girls Volleyball vs. Oconee 4:30
- Varsity Boys Soccer vs. Oconee 4:30
Tuesday, September 3
- MS Girls Volleyball @ Spartanburg Day (1701 Skylyn Drive, Spartanburg SC 29307) 4:00
- MS Boys Soccer @ Spartanburg Day 4:00
- JV Girls Volleyball @ Spartanburg Day 5:00
- Varsity Girls Volleyball @ Spartanburg Day 6:00
Thursday, September 5
- Cross Country Home Meet 5:00
This year, Chess Club will be divided into two age groups. Chess Club for students in grades 5-12 will be held on Wednesday afternoons from 3:30-4:30 p.m. Fall Chess Club will be September 4-November 20. Spring Chess Club will be February 5-May 6. The cost is $50 per semester and students should contact Mrs. Schley at firstname.lastname@example.org to sign-up or ask questions.
Chess Club will meet in the Science Lab (M120) and Computer Lab (M113).
Handicapped Parking Spaces
Please do not park in handicapped parking spaces unless you have a disabled parking permit.
Lost and Found
Take time each month to visit Lost and Found to claim items belonging to your family. Lost and Found is located in the MAC (A Building), otherwise known as the lunchroom, to the left of the fireplace.
After School-Home Games-Late Stay
Please follow these guidelines regarding home game attendance:
- Lower School – Due to DSS regulations, students in 6th grade and below must either attend late stay after school or be picked up by a parent in order to attend a home game. Students may not be in the gym without adult supervision.
- Upper School – Students in grades 7-12 must be at late stay or in the gym or at the field by 3:40 p.m. when there is an official game. Students can check out of late stay 30 minutes before a game begins. Students who are on a team should follow the direction of the coach regarding plans prior to the game.
|Wednesday, 8/28||Thursday, 8/29||Friday, 8/30||Monday, 9/2||Tuesday, 9/3|
|Bacon or cheese pizza, salad, choice of fruit or yogurt||Sloppy joes, baked beans, potato chips, fruit||Early dismissal – No lunch served||Labor Day – No school or child care||Taco bar, dessert|
|August 26-30||Connection Week (Grades 7-12)|
|August 30||Early Dismissal|
K5 dismiss at 11:30 a.m.
1st-6th dismiss at 11:15 a.m.
7th-12th dismiss at 11:30 a.m.
|September 2||Labor Day – No School or Child Care|
|September 12||Mid-Quarter Reports (Grades 4-12)|
|September 12||Class Meetings (Grades 11-12)|
|September 13-14||Providence Soccer/Volleyball Tournament|
|September 18||Honor Society Induction Rehearsal|
(3:30 p.m. Main Auditorium)
|September 19||Honor Society Induction|
10:20 a.m. Main Auditorium)
|September 24||College Parent Meeting (Grades 9-12)|
(7:00 p.m. M202/204)
|September 26-27||Teacher’s Convention (No School or Child Care)|