Support our Teams – Tonight at BJA
We encourage everyone to head to Bob Jones Academy and support our JV/Varsity Volleyball and Varsity Soccer Teams tonight. Admission to the games is $3 for adults, $2 for students, kids under 5 are free, and there is a maximum charge of $10 per family. The games are as follows:
- JV Girls Volleyball 5:00 (in the Academy gym)
- Varsity Girls Volleyball 6:00 (in the Academy gym)
- Varsity Boys Soccer 7:00 (in Alumni Stadium)
Students in grades 7-12 who attend the games and see a designated staff member (Mrs. Cansler, Mr. Edwards, Mrs. Murr, Dr. Priest or Mrs. Priest) will have a casual dress day (Connection Week attire – shorts and t-shirts) for school on Friday. Friday is a half-day and our Senior Carnival!
Poll Workers Training – Wednesday, October 17
Students who are 16 and above–it’s not too late to register for the Poll Workers Training Class. The class will be held on Wednesday, October 17, from 3:30-6:30 p.m., in M-212. Students must attend a training class in order to work the polls on November 6. Please register as soon as possible at www.greenvillecounty.org/voterregistration as follows:
- Select Poll Worker Training Class Registration
- Enter the training type “student”
- Enter your last name, date of birth, and last four digits of your Social Security Number
- Type the password “young.”
- Finally select “login.”
Lower School students will dismiss at 11:30 a.m. on Thursday and Friday, October 18-19, for parent/teacher conferences. There will be no school for K4/K5. Child care will be available at 11:30 a.m. for students in grades 1-6.
Upper School students have a regular schedule on Thursday, October 18, and dismiss at 11:30 a.m., on Friday, October 19.
Lower School Spirit Day!
On Friday, October 19, the Lower School will have a Spirit Day to celebrate Senior Carnival! Students in grades 1-6 should wear their class shirts.
Senior Carnival is Friday, October 19, from 11:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Lunch tickets (pizza, chips and drink) are $4 and game tickets are $2.
- Lunch tickets must be purchased by Wednesday, October 17.
- Since October 19 is a half day, Lower School students will need to have adult supervision at the Carnival, or they may stay for late stay and be charged accordingly.