Re-enrollment for 2019-2020
Early-bird online re-enrollment is now through March 2.
SCACS Basketball Tournament
Both our Girls Varsity and our Boys Varsity Basketball Teams have made it to the SCACS State Basketball Tournament held this Friday and Saturday, February 15-16, at Grace in Columbia (416 Denham Avenue, West Columbia, SC 29169). The girls play on Friday at 11:45 a.m. against Northside and the boys play at 4:30 p.m. against Grace. Daily admission to the tournament is $6 for adults, $4 for students ages 6 and up, and ages 5 and younger are free. Concessions are available and no outside food may be brought into the gym. If you would like to see the games but are unable to attend, follow this link to the SCACS website and click on the link to watch the games live-streamed.
There will be no school or child care on Monday, February 18, in observance of Presidents’ Day.
Lower School Basketball Camp
The seniors on the Varsity Basketball teams will be hosting a basketball camp for students in grades 3-6 on February 19-21. The camp will be held in the gym from 3:15-5:00 p.m. To sign up, return the basketball camp form to your child’s teacher by Friday, February 15, and include the $20 (cash or check). The camp includes a pizza party on Thursday and refreshments on the other days.
SCACS Elementary Fine Arts Festival – March 1
On Friday, March 1, the SCACS Elementary Fine Arts Festival will take place at Hampton Park. There will be no school and students who are participating will need adult/parental supervision. Students who participate should note the required dress:
- Boys – black or navy pants, white shirts, and dark dress shoes
- Girls – black or navy skirts, white shirt or blouse, and dark shoes
SCACS Fine Arts Rehearsal – Public Invited
You are invited to attend the SCACS Fine Arts Rehearsal on Thursday, March 7, at 7:00 p.m., in the Main Auditorium. The Upper School students who are involved in SCACS Fine Arts and will be competing in Columbia are required to attend this rehearsal. The SCACS Fine Arts Festival takes place in Columbia on March 14-15.
SCACS High School Fine Arts Festival – March 14-15
Students in grades 7-12 who participate in band, choir, or another music, art, or academic category, will be competing at the SCACS Fine Arts Festival in Columbia, SC, on March 14-15. Once the SCACS schedule is available, we will communicate it with those who are participating. Please make a note of the required dress for the Festival:
- Choir – Grades 7-8
- Boys – black pants, white collared shirt, black bowtie (if your son does not have a bowtie, they will be available for $3 each), dark dress shoes
- Girls – black skirt, white top or blouse and dark shoes OR choir dress
- Choir – Grades 9-12
- Boys – black pants, white collared shirt, black bowtie, black vest, black socks and dark shoes
- Girls – choir dress and dark shoes
- Band – Grades 7-8
- Boys – black pants, white shirts, black bowtie (if your son does not have a bowtie, they will be available for $3 each), dark dress shoes
- Girls – black skirt, black top or blouse, dark shoes
- Band – Grades 9-12
- Boys – black pants, white shirts, black bowtie, vest, black shoes
- Girls – black skirt and black top or blouse OR black choir dress, dark shoes
Lower School Field Day
Please note the calendar change for Field Day to April 10, with the rain date of April 11. More details will be available soon.
Panthers in Action
Upcoming Basketball Games
Friday, February 15
- SCACS Tournament @ Grace in Columbia
- Varsity Girls vs. Northside 11:45 a.m.
- Varsity Boys vs. Grace 4:30 p.m.
Saturday, February 16
- SCACS Tournament @ Grace in Columbia
- Game times to be determined by Friday’s games outcomes
Spring Sports Tryouts
Tryouts for spring sports will begin next week. Students in grades 6-12 who are interested in trying out must have current Pre-Participation Athletic Forms (Part 1 and 2) on file in the office. The forms are located on RenWeb under Resource Documents or in the office.
- MS Girls Soccer – Girls in grades 6-8 are invited to tryout.
- Tuesday, February 19, 3:30-5:00 p.m.
- Thursday, February 21, 3:30-5:00 p.m.
- Friday, February 22, 3:30-5:00 p.m.
- Varsity Girls Soccer – Girls in grades 9-12 are invited to tryout.
- Tuesday, February 19, 3:30-5:15 p.m.
- Thursday, February 21, 3:30-5:15 p.m.
- Friday, February 22, 3:30-5:15 p.m.
- Boys Baseball – Boys in grades 7-12 are invited to tryout. While baseball is open to grade 6, as well, it is not encouraged due to the size of the 12th graders that they would be up against. Tryouts and practices are held at our homefield at Northwest Park (8109 White Horse Road, Greenville, SC 29617).
- Tuesday, February 19, 3:45-5:30 p.m.
- Thursday, February 21, 3:45-5:30 p.m.
- Friday, February 22, 3:45-5:30 p.m.
- Golf – Students in grades 6-12 are invited to tryout for golf. Tryouts and practices are held at Paris Mountain Country Club (301 Old Rockhouse Road, Greenville, Sc 29609). It is likely that the golf coach will transport players from school to the golf course in the mini-bus. The bus would leave campus at 3:25 p.m.
- Tuesday, February 19, 3:30-5:15 p.m.
Save the Date – Be watching for details
HP Summer Soccer Camp – June 17-20
HP Summer Basketball Camp – July 15-18
2018 Child Care Statement
If you are need a copy of your 2018 Child Care Statement for tax purposes, parents may print a payment summary. While in FACTS, choose “view payment summary,” select the year, and print from the icon at the top right of the screen. The printed transaction detail will include the HP logo, address and tax ID number.
|Wednesday, 2/13||Thursday, 2/14||Friday, 2/15||Monday, 2/18||Tuesday, 2/19|
|Sliced ham, hash brown casserole, green beans, salad, roll||Pepperoni or cheese pizza, salad or yogurt||Sub sandwich, potato chips, salad||Presidents Day – No School or Child Care||Hamburger bar, French fries, dessert|
|February 12||Mid-Quarter Reports (Grades 4-12)|
|February 12||Jr-Sr Banquet Work Night|
|February 15-16||SCACS Basketball Tournament|
|February 18||Presidents’ Day – No School or Child Care|
|February 19-21||Lower School Basketball Camp (Grades 3-6)|
|March 1||SCACS Elementary Fine Arts Festival|
|March 4||Jr-Sr Banquet Work Night|
|March 4-5||Jr-Sr Banquet Dress Check|
|March 7||SCACS Upper School Dress Rehearsal – Public Invited|
(Grades 7-12; 7:00-9:00 p.m. Main Auditorium)
|March 13||End of 3rd Grading Period|
|March 14-15||SCACS High School Fine Arts Festival|
|March 18||Spring Pictures|
|March 18||Jr-Sr Banquet Work Night|
|March 19||8th Grade Parent Meeting (7:00 p.m.)|
|March 19-22||6th Grade Field Trip to Creation Museum/Ark|
|March 20||Report Cards|
|March 25||Jr-Sr Dress Recheck|
|March 29||Senior Parent Dinner|
|April 1-5||Achievement Testing (Grades K5-12)|
|April 5||Early Dismissal (Grades 1-12 at 11:30 a.m.; K4/K5 regular time)|
|April 5||Jr-Sr Banquet (7:00 p.m. MAC)|
|April 3-12||No Cuts (Grades 7-12)|
|April 9-11||AACS Fine Arts Festival|
|April 10||Field Day – Lower School|
|April 11||Field Day – Lower School – Rain Date|
|April 11-16||Upper School Band Trip|
|April 15-22||Easter Vacation|
|April 23||School Resumes|
|April 24||Mid-Quarter Reports (Grades 4-12)|
|April 25||Class Meeting (Grade 10)|
|April 25||Band Concert (Grades 5-12)|
|April 26-27||SCACS Spring Soccer Tournament|
|April 29||SCACS Golf Tournament|
|April 30||Junior Parent Meeting (7:00 p.m.)|
|May 2||Upper School Spring Concert (Grades 7-12)|
|May 3-4||SCACS Baseball Tournament|
|May 6-10||Library Used Book Sale|
|May 6-22||No Cuts (Grades 7-12)|
|May 8-14||Senior Trip|
|May 15||Senior Skip Day|
|May 16||Kindergarten Graduation (7:00 p.m. Main Auditorium)|
|May 17||Last Day of Kindergarten|
|May 17||Final Day of Child Care|
|May 17||Sports Banquet (6:00 p.m. MAC)|
|May 20-21||Early Dismissal (Grades 1-12 dismiss at 11:30 a.m.)|
|May 20-22||Exams (Grades 9-12)|
|May 22||Lower School Awards Program (9:45 a.m. Main Auditorium)|
(Grades 1-12 dismiss at 11:00 a.m.)
|May 23||Records Day – No School|
|May 24||Lower School Report Cards (8:30 a.m.)|
|May 24||Upper School Awards Program and Report Cards (8:45 a.m.)|
|May 24||Graduation Rehearsal (10:00 a.m.)|
|May 24||Commencement (7:00 p.m. Main Auditorium)|