Re-enrollment for 2019-2020
This week is the final week to take advantage of the early enrollment fee of $200! Re-enrollment for the 2019-2020 school year should be completed through RenWeb/FACTS by entering the Apply/Enroll tab and selecting “Enrollment/Reenrollment.” After March 2, the fee will be $325.
SCACS Elementary Fine Arts Festival – March 1
On Friday, March 1, the SCACS Elementary Fine Arts Festival will take place at Hampton Park.
- Please note that there will be no school or child care and students who are participating will need adult/parental supervision.
- Students who participate should note the required dress:
- Boys – black or navy pants, white shirts, and dark dress shoes
- Girls – black or navy skirts, white shirt or blouse, and dark shoes
- A running schedule is going home in students’ folders today. Click here to access the running schedule.
- If you would like to have the lunch provided by the senior class, drop by the office to purchase the $4 ticket (cash or check only). The lunch includes pizza, apple sauce, carrots and dip, and a beverage, and will be served in the gym (Yearick Center). Wednesday, February 27, is the deadline for ordering the lunch.
Junior-Senior Banquet Dress Check
Junior-Senior Banquet Dress Check is Monday, March 4, and Tuesday, March 5, at 3:15 p.m., with the re-check date on Monday, March 25, at 3:30 p.m.
SCACS Fine Arts Rehearsal (Grades 7-12) – Public Invited
The SCACS Fine Arts Rehearsal will be held in the Main Auditorium on Thursday, March 7, at 7:00 p.m. Upper School students who are involved in the SCACS Fine Arts Festival and will be competing in Columbia are required to attend this rehearsal. This rehearsal is open to the public.
SCACS High School Fine Arts Festival – March 14-15
Students in grades 7-12 who participate in band, choir, or another music, art, or academic category, will be competing at the SCACS Fine Arts Festival in Columbia, SC, on March 14-15. Once the SCACS schedule is available, we will communicate it with those who are participating.
If your child is participating at the SCACS Festival, please go the permission form on RenWeb under WebForms. You will need to make transportation decisions and lunch choices on the permission form. The deadline to sign up for lunch is Thursday, March 7. The permission must be approved by Tuesday, March 12.
Please make a note of the required dress for the Festival:
- Choir – Grades 7-8
- Boys – black pants, white collared shirt, black bow tie (if your son does not have a bowtie, they will be available for $3 each from Mr. Wooldridge), dark dress shoes
- Girls – black skirt, white top or blouse and dark shoes OR choir dress
- Choir – Grades 9-12
- Boys – black pants, white collared shirt, black bow tie, black vest, black socks and dark shoes
- Girls – choir dress and dark shoes
- Band – Grades 7-8
- Boys – black pants, white shirts, black bow tie (if your son does not have a bowtie, they will be available for $3 each), dark dress shoes
- Girls – black skirt, black top or blouse, dark shoes
- Band – Grades 9-12
- Boys – black pants, white shirts, black bow tie, vest, black shoes
- Girls – black skirt and black top or blouse OR black choir dress, dark shoes
Please note that Upper School students who do not attend the SCACS Fine Arts Festival will NOT have school on Thursday and Friday, March 14-15.
Field Day – Date Changes
Please note the change of date for Field Day to April 10, with a rain date of April 11. Grades 1-3 will have field day in the morning before lunch and grades 4-6 will have field day in the afternoon after lunch.
Outdoor Band Concert
Mark your calendars for May 7 to attend the Outdoor Band Concert. Be watching for more details.
Panthers in Action
Spring Sports – Upcoming Games
Friday, March 1
- Varsity Girls Soccer @ BJU Tournament
- Baseball vs. Shannon Forest 4:00 (8109 White Horse Road, Greenville, SC 29617)
Saturday, March 2
- Varsity Girls Soccer @ BJU Tournament
Tuesday, March 5
- MS Girls Soccer vs. Langston 4:00
- Varsity Girls Soccer @ BJA 4:30 (1700 Wade Hampton Blvd, Greenville, SC 29614)
- Baseball vs. Greenville Hurricanes 4:30 (8109 White Horse Road, Greenville, SC 29617)
Friday, March 8
- MS Girls Soccer vs. Spartanburg Day 4:00
- Varsity Girls Soccer @ Lake Pointe 4:30
- Baseball @ Anderson Cavs 6:00
JV/Varsity Volleyball Spring Training
Girls who are in 8th-11th grade and interested in volleyball should mark their calendars! The JV/Varsity Volleyball Spring Training will be held on April 30, May 2, and May 3, from 3:25-5:30 p.m. in the gym.
Save the Date – Be watching for details
HP Summer Soccer Camp – June 17-20
HP Summer Basketball Camp – July 15-18
2018 Child Care Statement
If you are need a copy of your 2018 Child Care Statement for tax purposes, parents may print a payment summary. While in FACTS, choose “view payment summary,” select the year, and print from the icon at the top right of the screen. The printed transaction detail will include the HP logo, address and tax ID number.
|Wednesday, 2/27||Thursday, 2/28||Friday, 3/1||Monday, 3/4||Tuesday, 3/5|
|Sloppy joe, baked beans, potato chips, veggies with ranch dressing||Sausage or cheese pizza, salad or yogurt||No school or child care||Grilled cheese sandwich, tomato soup, salad||Loaded nacho bar, salad, cake|
|March 1||SCACS Elementary Fine Arts Festival|
|March 4||Jr-Sr Banquet Work Night|
|March 4-5||Jr-Sr Banquet Dress Check|
|March 7||SCACS Upper School Dress Rehearsal – Public Invited|
(Grades 7-12; 7:00-9:00 p.m. Main Auditorium)
|March 13||End of 3rd Grading Period|
|March 14-15||SCACS High School Fine Arts Festival|
|March 18||Spring Pictures|
|March 18||Jr-Sr Banquet Work Night|
|March 19||8th Grade Parent Meeting (7:00 p.m.)|
|March 19-22||6th Grade Field Trip to Creation Museum/Ark|
|March 20||Report Cards|
|March 25||Jr-Sr Dress Recheck|
|March 29||Senior Parent Dinner|
|April 1-5||Achievement Testing (Grades K5-12)|
|April 5||Early Dismissal (Grades 1-12 at 11:30 a.m.; K4/K5 regular time)|
|April 5||Jr-Sr Banquet (7:00 p.m. MAC)|
|April 3-12||No Cuts (Grades 7-12)|
|April 9-11||AACS Fine Arts Festival|
|April 10||Field Day – Lower School|
(Grades 1-3 – AM; Grades 4-6 – PM)
|April 11||Field Day – Lower School – Rain Date|
|April 11-16||Upper School Band Trip|
|April 15-22||Easter Vacation|
|April 23||School Resumes|
|April 24||Mid-Quarter Reports (Grades 4-12)|
|April 25||Class Meeting (Grade 10)|
|April 25||Band Concert (Grades 5-12)|
|April 26-27||SCACS Spring Soccer Tournament|
|April 29||SCACS Golf Tournament|
|April 30||Junior Parent Meeting (7:00 p.m.)|
|May 2||Upper School Spring Concert (Grades 7-12)|
|May 3-4||SCACS Baseball Tournament|
|May 7||Outdoor Band Concert|
|May 6-10||Library Used Book Sale|
|May 6-22||No Cuts (Grades 7-12)|
|May 8-14||Senior Trip|
|May 15||Senior Skip Day|
|May 16||Kindergarten Graduation (7:00 p.m. Main Auditorium)|
|May 17||Last Day of Kindergarten|
|May 17||Final Day of Child Care|
|May 17||Sports Banquet (6:00 p.m. MAC)|
|May 20-21||Early Dismissal (Grades 1-12 dismiss at 11:30 a.m.)|
|May 20-22||Exams (Grades 9-12)|
|May 22||Lower School Awards Program (9:45 a.m. Main Auditorium)|
(Grades 1-12 dismiss at 11:00 a.m.)
|May 23||Records Day – No School|
|May 24||Lower School Report Cards (8:30 a.m.)|
|May 24||Upper School Awards Program and Report Cards (8:45 a.m.)|
|May 24||Graduation Rehearsal (10:00 a.m.)|
|May 24||Commencement (7:00 p.m. Main Auditorium)|