HPCS 50th and Spirit Day – August 21
In celebration of Hampton Park Christian School’s 50th Anniversary, we are asking all students to wear school colors on Wednesday, August 21. Students do not need to wear uniforms, but should wear navy and yellow. Student may wear jeans, athletic pants, and t-shirts in our school colors. All students will enjoy birthday cake in the lunchroom in celebration of this special anniversary! There will be a gluten-free option.
Early Dismissal – August 30
On Friday, August 30, there is an early dismissal as listed below. Students who stay for Child Care should bring a lunch.
- K5 – dismiss at 11:30 a.m.
- Grades 1-6 – dismiss at 11:15 a.m.
- Grades 7-12 – dismiss at 11:30 a.m.
Chick-fil-A Day – September 10
The next Chick-fil-A day is Tuesday, September 10, so mark your calendars! The senior class will be selling chicken biscuits for $3 each at all regular drop-off locations on campus from 7:30-8:20 a.m.
Lower School Only
Lower School Parents-Only Informational Meeting
Tonight, August 20, the Parents-Only Informational Meeting will be held in the Lower School classrooms. At least one parent from each family should plan to attend this important meeting. Parents need only to go to the time(s) pertaining to their child(ren). Please note the schedule below:
- Grades 1 and 2 – 6:45-7:10 p.m.
- Grades 3 and 4 – 7:15-7:40 p.m.
- Grades 5 and 6 – 7:45-8:15 p.m.
Junior Chess Club
Junior Chess Club was created especially for our students in grades 1-4 with a focus on developing solid beginner chess strategy, practicing good sportsmanship, and having fun! Junior Chess Club will take place on Monday afternoons from 3:15-4:00 p.m., from September 9-October 28. The cost for the 8-week club is $40. Details about signing up were sent home with students today. Questions? Email Mrs. Schley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upper School Only
On Wednesday, August 21, at 3:20 p.m., Mrs. Phillips will be meeting with Upper School students who are interested in participating in Speech this year. Come to the Reference Room (M118) to find out more about this program. The meeting will last no longer than thirty minutes.
Upper School Drop/Add
An Upper School student may decide that he would rather take geography over choir or choir instead of physical fitness. To make a change to the schedule, Upper School students may stop by the office for a Drop/Add form. Drop/Add period lasts until Friday, August 23.
Connection Week is a time for our Upper School students to connect with each other, connect with their teachers, connect with the community, and connect with God. It all begins next week! The Connection Week brochure was emailed today and includes details about what to wear, what to bring, lunch, and the daily schedule. In order for students to participate, please do the following:
- Go to FACTS/ParentsWeb and approve the Connection Week permission form that is located in WebForms.
- Click here to fill out the waiver for the service activity at Miracle Hill. When filling out the form, select “other” for location to be assigned. These assignments will be made next week.
Students in grades 7-12 who take a PE or Physical Fitness Class are no longer required to wear PE uniforms. Students should wear shorts with the 6-inch inseam and a t-shirt. More specific details will be given out in the PE classes.
College Parent Meeting – September 24
Parents of students in grades 9-12 are invited to attend the College Meeting on Tuesday, September 24, at 7:00 p.m. in M202/204. Plan to come to this informative meeting to find out answers to your questions and meet college representatives.
Panthers in Action
If your child is a student on a team, use this link to enter the GroupMe team chats. Parents can download the “GroupMe” App and sign up for each of your child’s teams.
Tuesday, August 20
- MS Girls Volleyball vs. Shannon Forest 4:00
- MS Boys Soccer vs. Shannon Forest 4:00
- JV Girls Volleyball vs. Shannon Forest 5:00
- Varsity Girls Volleyball vs. Shannon Forest 6:00
- Varsity Boys Soccer @ Legacy Charter 5:00 (900 Woodside Avenue, Greenville, SC 29611)
Friday, August 23
- MS Volleyball vs. Lead 4:00
- MS Boys Soccer vs. Lead 4:00
- JV Volleyball @ Oakwood 4:00 (304 Pearman Dairy Road, Anderson, SC 29625)
- Varsity Soccer @ Oakwood 4:30
- Varsity Volleyball @ Oakwood 5:00
Saturday, August 24
- Cross Country Meet @ FBG Mission Backpack 5K 8:00
- Varsity Volleyball vs. Alumni 9:00
- Varsity Soccer vs. Alumni 10:30
Tuesday, August 27
- MS Volleyball vs. MRCA 4:00
- MS Boys Soccer vs. MRCA 4:00
School Picture Day
School picture day was today. Pictures may be ordered online at www.mylifetouch.com using Picture Day ID: NR509003Q0. Photos are satisfaction guaranteed – Life Touch will retake your child’s portraits or return for a full refund if you are not satisfied.
This year, Chess Club will be divided into two age groups. Chess Club for students in grades 5-12 will be held on Wednesday afternoons from 3:30-4:30 p.m. Fall Chess Club will be September 4-November 20. Spring Chess Club will be February 5-May 6. The cost is $50 per semester and students should contact Mrs. Schley at email@example.com to sign-up or ask questions.
Chess Club will meet in the Science Lab (M120) and Computer Lab (M113).
Tuesday Moms run copies, cut and paste, hang artwork, laminate posters, sort and file, run errands and more for our teachers. If you are interested in volunteering on Tuesdays, come by the office to obtain and fill out background check information. You can help every Tuesday, occasional Tuesdays, partial Tuesdays or whatever works for your schedule. Volunteering is also a great way to get to know the teachers and other volunteers.
Lost and Found
Take time each month to visit Lost and Found to claim items belonging to your family. Lost and Found is located in the MAC (A Building), otherwise known as the lunchroom, to the left of the fireplace.
After School-Home Games-Late Stay
Please follow these guidelines regarding home game attendance:
- Lower School – Due to DSS regulations, students in 6th grade and below must either attend late stay after school or be picked up by a parent in order to attend a home game. Students may not be in the gym without adult supervision.
- Upper School – Students in grades 7-12 must be at late stay or in the gym or at the field by 3:40 p.m. when there is an official game. Students can check out of late stay 30 minutes before a game begins. Students who are on a team should follow the direction of the coach regarding plans prior to the game.
Support Our School
Boxtops for Education, Amazon, Ingles, Publix and Lowe’s Food are all resources for our school to receive cash rewards.
- Boxtops for Education – Changes are happening at Boxtops for Education. You can keep clipping boxtops and send them in to your child’s teacher any time. However, you can now skip the scissors and use the app. Once you have the app, all you have to do is scan in your receipt and it will automatically earn cash for your school. More details will be coming out soon.
- Amazon – Use this link when you shop at Amazon and Hampton Park will receive a percentage of the purchase. The link is also on the HPCS website under “Resources” and “Support Our School.”
- Publix – To sign up for Publix, use the Publix Partners website, select our school, then sign up. At check out, simply enter your phone number.
- Ingles – Ingles Advantage Cards must be individually linked to HPCS in order for a portion of your purchases to be designated. Please visit the program website at https://www.ingles-markets.com/toolsforschools/ to register your card.
- Lowe’s Food Card – With your Lowe’s Food Card, go to http://www.lowesfoods.com/back-2-school-archive/ and under the “Cart to Class” tab, click on the “link your school to your card” and enroll. From here, you will enter your card information and choose HPCS from a pull down menu.
Late Stay – Text Notifications
If your child uses Late Stay, we are offering you the opportunity to receive updates from the Late Stay staff anytime there is a change in location due to weather or other circumstances. If you’d like to receive notifications on your cell phones, please follow these directions using your cell phone:
- Enter: 81010
- Text: @hpcsa
|Wednesday, 8/21||Thursday, 8/22||Friday, 8/23||Monday, 8/26||Tuesday, 8/27|
|Chicken parmesan, salad, garlic bread||Sausage or cheese pizza, salad, choice of fruit or yogurt||Sub sandwich, pasta salad, fruit and chips||Warm turkey or ham and provolone on pretzel roll, chips, fruit||Salad bar, chocolate or vanilla pudding|
|August 20||Parents-Only Informational Meeting|
|August 21||50th Anniversary Lunchtime Celebration|
|August 24||50th Anniversary/Alumni Games|
|August 26-30||Connection Week (Grades 7-12)|
|August 30||Early Dismissal|
K5 dismiss at 11:30 a.m.
1st-6th dismiss at 11:15 a.m.
7th-12th dismiss at 11:30 a.m.
|September 2||Labor Day – No School or Child Care|
|September 12||Mid-Quarter Reports (Grades 4-12)|
|September 12||Class Meetings (Grades 11-12)|
|September 13-14||Providence Soccer/Volleyball Tournament|
|September 18||Honor Society Induction Rehearsal|
(3:30 p.m. Main Auditorium)
|September 19||Honor Society Induction|
10:20 a.m. Main Auditorium)
|September 24||College Parent Meeting (Grades 9-12)|
(7:00 p.m. M202/204)
|September 26-27||Teacher’s Convention (No School or Child Care)|