SCACS Fine Arts
Please make a note of the upcoming Fine Arts categories in which your children may be involved:
- Art Contest – Wednesday, January 16 – All art entries need to be turned in to the MAC (A Building) from 8:00-8:30 a.m.
- Piano Solo and Ensemble Runoffs (Grades 1-6) – Friday, January 18
- Piano Solo and Ensemble Runoffs (Grades 7-12) – Friday, January 25
- Creative Writing and Poetry – Thursday, January 24
- Vocal Solo Runoffs (Grades 7-12) – Friday, January 25
- Academic Testing (Grades 3-6) – January 28-31
- Academic Testing (Grades 7-12) – January 28-February 6
Martin Luther King Day
There will be no school or child care on Monday, January 21, in observance of Martin Luther King Day.
Spirit Week – Friday, January 18 through Friday, January 25
The entire student body is invited to dress according to the theme for each day of Spirit Week. Any Upper School student NOT participating is expected to abide by the regular dress code.
- Friday, January 18 – Homeroom Wars (each class chooses it’s own theme!)
- Tuesday, January 22 – Student Stereotypes (dress up as the athlete, a nerd, the science geek, or class clown)
- Wednesday, January 23 – Throwback Day (choose a decade!)
- Thursday, January 24 – Crazy Day (the name says it all – dress in mismatched clothes or costumes)
- Friday, January 25 – Navy Blue and Yellow Day (show some school spirit!)
Please be mindful to keep clothing modest. Upper School students, please remember NO SHORTS allowed.Read more